About Dayton Superior
Dayton Superior Corporation is a global company serving the nonresidential concrete construction industry. Dayton Superior has four main product lines of Concrete Accessories, Chemicals, Forming, and Paving with 117 patents for such products. The headquarters is in Miamisburg, Ohio. There are 30 other office/warehouse locations throughout the US, Canada, Colombia, and Panama. Dayton Sure-Grip & Shore was originally founded in 1924 by Art & Carl Kinnenger with help from Charles Danis and Fred Kramer. Carl Kinnenger held the patent on the snap tie design (to hold formwork together) and Dayton Sure-Grip & Shore was licensed to sell it in the U.S. out of their Downtown Dayton location. In 1953, Danis Hunt Construction acquired Dayton Sure-Grip. After beginning bar support production in 1959, Sure-Grip, Inc is founded in 1960, and the company relocated to Miamisburg, Ohio. In 1975, Dayton Sure-Grip purchased C&M Chemical Co. out of Sycamore, Illinois, beginning their production of chemicals. After the purchase of Superior Concrete Accessories in 1982, the company changed their name to Dayton Superior Corporation.