Account Manager Job at Pinkerton in New York, New York
JOB SUMMARY: The Account Manager coordinates the service delivery functions for assigned clients with on-going client relationship management, financial management, business acumen, operational excellence, employee guidance, and administrative oversight.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be performed in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be delivered in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge regarding company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton’s core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Serve as the point of contact for assigned clients and on-going client relationship management.
- Ensure all services are conducted in a timely and professional manner and aligned with Pinkerton’s Service Delivery Standards;
- Assist Director or other region team member with on-going client service needs.
- Address client questions and/or concerns quickly and effectively.
- Communicate employee performance concerns and/or project status updates to all interested parties.
- Manage account performance and KPIs;
- Regularly review evolving client needs and industry trends to improve future results.
- P&L management.
- Manage account dynamics including scenario planning and practice.
- Oversee embedded personnel that are delivering direct services to the client.
- Coordinate with the service delivery functions of Pinkerton, various assignments, as requested by the client.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with the client and other Pinkerton management.
- Assist with general account functions.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least three years of risk management services, security operations, and/or business management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or Testing):
- Risk management, security operations, and/or business management experience.
- Strong client relationship management skills.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Solid project management skills.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
Working Conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Travel, as required.
Company Location: New York, New York