Accounts Payable Clerk Job at County of Simcoe – in Midhurst, ON
Accounts Payable Clerk
28 October 2021
Permanent – Full Time
Midhurst, ON L9X 1N6 CA (Primary)
The position deals with the accounts payable function for the Corporation and is responsible for the processing, verifying and reconciliation of invoices and various disbursements for all County Departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority)
1. Receive incoming invoices and expense payment requests.
2. Check extensions of all invoices and ensure appropriate taxes have been calculated.
3. Review invoices to ensure appropriate general ledger accounts have been utilized.
4. Ensure appropriate authorization on each invoice and expense report.
5. Enter invoice amounts into financial system.
6. Balance entered invoices.
7. Match duplicate accounts payable cheque with invoice.
8. Ensure payments are made to vendors and employees in a timely fashion engaging with user department staff as necessary to clear up discrepancies.
9. File accounts payable documents as required.
10. Review and follow up on statements supplied by vendors.
11. Ensure the confidential nature of many of our client and staff expenditures.
12. Comply with provincial and County occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
13. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Has knowledge of and demonstrated ability in our corporate competencies:
- Acts with the Customer in Mind
- Ensures Accountability
- Continuously Seeks to Improve Work Processes
- Communicates with Impact
- Is Resilient
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Financial Software usage.
- Basic Excel, Reporting and Microsoft Office skills.
- Time management, organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment toward collaborative solutions.
- Ability to work independently within stated objectives.
- Effective communication skills.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a financial position with specific experience within the position description.
- Visual and mental effort required when preparing financial reports and analysis, and when matching up invoices and doing data entry.
- Regular office environment
$23.64 – $28.38
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
Company: County of Simcoe –
Company Location: Midhurst, ON