Administrative Assistant Job at The City of Spruce Grove – in Spruce Grove, AB
RC 2021 0017
Permanent Full Time
Division – Department:
Community and Protective Services – Protective Services – Administration
March 16, 2021
March 25, 2021 at 10PM MST
$46,987.00 – $58,042.00/Year
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to Protective Services. The incumbent performs a variety of office and reception administration duties including data and document management. This position reports to the Supervisor of Administration.
- Greet, register and announce visitors attending meetings or events.
- Account for visitors in an emergency situation in compliance with Visitor Policy.
- Facilitate public access to Fire Hall building during regular office hours by opening and closing daily.
- Retain and account for guest access cards as directed under Visitor Policy.
- Provide external customer service by evaluating and interpreting the nature of the customer request and promptly resolving their concerns or complaints.
- Connect the customer to the appropriate employee if necessary.
- Direct or answer inquires via in person, switchboard, paper or electronic correspondence.
- Record a timeline and retain a corporate record of requests and inquiries by maintaining a telephone message log and preparing work orders.
- Answer in-coming phone inquires from customers and direct to the appropriate person.
- Verify employee time sheets are adhering to the Collective Agreement requirements.
- Perform Record Management duties, including Content Manager 9, preparing minutes of Safety meetings and Incident file. Backup for SGFS DRC position.
- Review and prepare meal reimbursement for staff expense claims.
- Assist Officers and staff with various computer projects.
- Plan, co-ordinate and implement special events such as Officer’s retreats, Fire Prevention Week, Firefighter Graduation ceremony.
- Compile office supply orders for Fire Services, Enforcement Services, and Safe City – including issuing and receiving purchase orders in Great Plains.
- Perform clerical duties including, filing, receiving, sorting and distributing mail.
- Post-secondary Certificate in office administration, business or equivalent an asset.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of related experience including front-line customer service experience.
- Previous municipal experience is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working in a public-sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
- Experience in a Medical or Protective Services setting is considered an Asset
- Community Peace Officer for Information purposes is considered an Asset
You will possess the following:
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and independence.
- Strong listening, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective decision-making skills with the flexibility to manage a broad range of complex activities.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- A self-starter who can perform in a fast-paced project environment and work within tight deadlines by organizing workload and setting priorities.
- Ability to analyze information from various sources to identify issues and problems.
If you require assistance applying to this job, please contact our support staff and refer to job number: J0321-0543.
Company: The City of Spruce Grove –
Company Location: Spruce Grove, AB