Administrative Assistant 4 Job at Charlotte, NC in Charlotte, NC
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Function of this position is primarily focused on supporting one or more senior managers by performing a variety of complex administrative tasks. Duties include: Calendar management; balancing general ledger lines and/or expense accounts; researching general ledger issues; assisting with budgetary planning; compiling statistical data for financial planning; assisting, screening and/or selectively referring callers; handling complex and sensitive inquiries/call from external/internal sources. Provides support for larger projects managed by others. Acts as an information source on departmental/business unit policies and procedures. May work closely with both internal and external customers to meet their service needs. May be responsible for providing support to the business line staff in the areas of reporting, customer/business documentation, sales and service goals. May coordinate all special events or office functions.
The Administrative Assistant will support the Control Executive for Card, Retail Services, Merchant & Personal Lending. This position includes a wide variety of administrative and staff support services in support of the broader CRMS & PLG Control team. This position will perform diverse, advanced and confidential daily executive administrative support duties. As a result, this assistant interacts on a daily basis with other senior level Wells Fargo leaders and requires collaboration with the leaders across Consumer Lending and Consumer Lending Control Executive organizations as well as key business partners.
This Assistant will provide a high level of professional support which includes, but not limited to, a balance of senior executive level administrative work as well as ongoing ad hoc and project/business initiatives such as planning meetings, tracking deliverables, developing PPT and Excel documents. and pulling routine reports. This role needs to have outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
Specific responsibilities in support of the Control Executive include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a complex calendar. Scheduling of meetings and space required. Planning and logistics management for monthly, quarterly, annual and/or other events/meetings
- Expense management and related operating AU general ledger review/reconciliation and oversight including travel, phones, equipment, supplies, etc., with responsibility for escalating expenditure questions as appropriate
- Management of department files and maintenance to ensure compliance with company records management policy and to maintain consistency for ease of utilization
- Troubleshooting technology utilization issues and managing hardware/software and other equipment orders including familiarity with technology guidance for remote access
- Drafting complex and/or confidential correspondence
- Editing documents and presentations as needed and maintaining organization charts
- Managing all aspects of travel arrangements such as booking, preparing travel itineraries, making changes as needed and preparing expense report submissions
- Answer inquiries on own initiative, follow up with other departments to ensure that requests are carried out and perform other routine duties as needed.
- Establishes and implements office procedures and controls
- Works to ensure office is in order, in addition to directing the work of other administrative staff
- Coordinates facilities support, floor administration, space planning, where appropriate
- Powerpoint presentations/excel document preparation
3+ years of clerical experience demonstrated through work or military experience
Experience supporting senior level leaders/executives
Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
Experience supporting multiple managers with calendar management, travel arrangements, scheduling of meetings and events
Experience writing and editing internal communications and training-related materials in a corporate environment or financial institution
Knowledge and understanding of conferencing technologies
Other Desired Qualifications
A BS/BA degree or higher and/or commensurate work experience
Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
Experience with synthesizing data from multiple sources and presenting it in appropriate formats
Experience reviewing and preparation of expense reports for leaders
Ability to deal with conflict and independently resolve in a professional manner
Ability to deal with workplace management such as granting access, reserving space and onboarding / off boarding duties.
Knowledge, background and demonstrated use of Wells Fargo systems (PeopleSoft, Staff Management, Talent Management, HRG, My Concur, GL 31, etc.)
Company: Charlotte, NC
Company Location: Charlotte, NC