Administrative Assistant Job at Capital Power in Edmonton, AB
Capital Power owns nearly 6,000 megawatts (MW) of power generation capacity at 25 facilities across North America. Approximately 900 MW of owned generation capacity is in advanced development in Alberta and Illinois.
One Permanent, Full-Time Position.
Capital Power Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to join our Information Services team.
Reporting to the Vice President & CIO of Information Services, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative services and support to the Information Services Department.
Key accountabilities include:
- Maintenance of confidential correspondence and information.
- Provide timely administrative and secretarial support as needed,
- Management of travel arrangement requirements for department members.
- Respond to inquiries by internal and external customers
- Perform monthly invoice processing (Telecom, Network, Mobility, etc.) including reconciling to appropriate GL’s internally.
- Word processing of formal and informal business communications where terminology, grammar, punctuation, arrangement and set-up require judgment and skill for business manager and other managers as required.
- Standardization of documents.
- Prepare meeting minutes and action plans as required
- Support the Information Services Senior Leadership Team in event tracking and preparation of meeting materials
- Manage conference room calendars. Schedule appointments or update calendars when necessary. Book boardrooms; check on availability for employees as requested.
- Acquire vacation and training reports for department members – may be asked to follow up with managers and employees to obtain status.
- Keep inventory of office supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Manage company purchasing card (P-Card) by reconciling statements with invoices and timely submission of statements with appropriate expenditure description.
- Assist and/or prepare expense reports for employees.
- Process expense claims and p-card reconciliation (w/proper Oracle strings)
- Works with other Administrative staff to provide interdepartmental work / vacation coverage.
- Is required to plan and provide administrative support for senior leadership level meetings (executive participants on occasion). Is required to organize and administer these meetings with a high level of professionalism.
- Works well with S3 level managers (will be required to ensure department administrative processes and standards are followed)
- Represent engineering department with professionalism when interfacing with internal and external interfaces
- Creating and administering requisitions to meet both project and operational requirements.
- High School diploma; secondary level diploma in office administration an asset
- Office Administration Certificate and/or additional work experience skills in Business Writing, Event Management Skills, Purchasing, and Travel would also be an asset
- SharePoint, Oracle or a similar system, MS Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, PowerPoint
- Business Writing, Event Management Skills, Purchasing, Records Management
Capital Power employees are eligible for a $500 Referral Reward for this position!
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Company: Capital Power
Company Location: Edmonton, AB