Administrative Assistant Job at Calgary Parking Authority in Calgary, AB
The Calgary Parking Authority (CPA) is committed to building strong communities by providing outstanding customer service and exceptional parking experiences. The CPA fulfills the City of Calgary’s parking mandate and implements the municipality’s parking policies by managing on and off-street public parking facilities, ensuring parking safety and compliance, and providing parking advisory services.
We are looking for two Administrative Assistants to support the Managers of Operations and Facilities and Parking Solutions, as well as the respective departments. In this role, you will be coordinating details relating to trade shows and client affairs, working with internal and external stakeholders and business partners, as well as auditing and tracking operational budget expenses.
- Coordinate calendars, responding to emails, and compose and review general correspondence and presentations.
- Coordinate arrangements for trade shows, conferences and events including scheduling hotels, flights, and other aspects as required.
- Manage document workflow process including pending correspondence, filing (physical and electronic) and confidential materials.
- Organize and support the administration of meetings through preparing agendas and required materials and taking meeting minutes.
- Perform weekly audits and tracking of various contracts, statements of work, change orders, invoices, and expense reports and operational budgets.
- Track and assist in reporting departmental key performance indicators.
- Review and organize monthly market research location mapping for CPA Parkades and Surface Lots, and competitors’ rates.
- Update and maintain capital asset tracking software and myCPA O&F webpage to ensure accurate information is available.
An Office Administration or Administrative Assistant certificate, or a Diploma is strongly recommended and a minimum of 5 years of related, progressive senior administrative experience is required.
In addition to this, you must possess:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced aptitude using Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting and working with team members and other stakeholders.
A Degree in Business Administration, or a related field, and experience working in a municipal or public sector organization are both considered as strong assets.
To be successful in this position, you must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, time management and planning and organizational skills. A positive, team-oriented attitude along with an aspiration to deliver high quality work and exceptional customer service is essential to this position.
Hours of Work This position works a 35-hour work week.
Compensation Exempt Pay Band B ($45,575 – $65,555)
The Calgary Parking Authority is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all who are qualified. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants are advised that this position requires completion of a Police Information Check to determine eligibility for employment. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Please apply online at StartDate with a cover letter and resume by 2020 March 8.
Company: Calgary Parking Authority
Company Location: Calgary, AB