Administrative Assistant – Postgraduate Research Team (66387) Job at Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine – in Liverpool
Expiry date: 17:59, Tue, 31st May 2022
Salary: £21,686.00 – £24,871.00 Per Annum
Benefits: 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure days; generous occupational pension schemes; Government backed cycle to work scheme; affiliated, discounted staff membership to the University of Liverpool Sports Centre
Fixed term post until 14th September 2024
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Administrative Assistant to join the Postgraduate Research (PGR) Team at LSTM, to enhance students experience through quality administration by providing administrative support related to the admission, development, and progression of PGR students.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide accurate advice and guidance to staff and students and will require a good working knowledge of LSTM regulations and procedures relating to PGR students to fulfil the duties of the role.
Key Responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Advise PGR candidates and supervisors with regards to application queries
- Assess PGR applications against standard criteria
- Support co-ordination of recruitment of studentship programmes
- Welcome students, assisting with registration
- Maintain up-to-date records of student information and programme activities
- Maintain a schedule for monitoring student engagement
- Co-ordinate with arrangements for visits of external examiners
- Deliver regular news, guidance and programme communication to students as appropriate
- Assist with creation of surveys, and collation of student feedback
- Organise meetings, preparing agendas and papers and minute taking
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as an integral and cooperative member of the Postgraduate Research (PGR) Team. With experience of working in a professional administrative role and meticulous attention to detail, the post holder will have the ability to prioritise and manage their own workload and deliver administrative outputs throughout the PGR student experience. Effective communication skills are essential as you will be dealing with a range of people at all levels from diverse cultures.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) incl. English and Maths
- Minimum of two A levels or substantial relevant experience
- Relevant administrative experience
- Strong IT skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
- Experience of working in a higher education environment (desirable)
- Ability to analyse and provide solutions to problems
(For a full list of essential and desirable criteria please refer to the job description and person specification)
Informal enquiries on the job role can be made to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 31st May 2022
Expected date of interviews: 15th June 2022
Application Process: To apply for the position please click on the apply link and upload your CV and Covering Letter.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time depending on application volumes, therefore an early application is encouraged.
Inclusion is central to our values at LSTM.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diversity across our communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. LSTM selects candidates based on skills, qualifications, and experience.
LSTM actively promotes Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Policies
Company: Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine –
Company Location: Liverpool