Administrative Assistant Valve Job at Powell in Edmonton, AB
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the development and processes of all documentation within the department as well as providing support and clerical services in order to ensure all effective, efficient and organized department operations.
- Provide administrative support to managers, supervisors, and staff within the department.
- Responsible for organized filing documentation, managing department invoices, and collecting documentation, and proficient data entry.
- Responsible for all invoicing, field services, and shop services
- Managing invoicing and credits, receiving and checking invoiced for discrepancies, and following up on all discrepancies with clients.
- Responsible for requisitions, receiving documents and preparing documents and reports
- Provide bookkeeping and filing for the department while maintaining a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Prepare documents and reports
- Provide receptionist service if necessary, greet customers or clients, answer any questions for customers or clients, answer and direct phone lines, and respond to inquires
- Answer phones and emails of clients and customers while providing helpful, professional, and exceptional customer service reflective of the organization.
- 2-3 years of Administrative experience preferably in a related industrial industry
- Accommodating, personable and comfortable with a variety of different clients and customers
- Highly organized and able to handle a high workload while having strong attention to detail
- Able to solve minor problems and address concerns while having little to no supervision.
- Able to effectively communicate with both managers and colleagues on a regular basis
- Effective and efficient written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with direct experience in Excel as well as Oracle software
- Job requires working indoors in an office setting.
- Working in front of a computer for the majority of the shift.
- This position may require travel and/or overnight travel to certain sites.
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs
- Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
- Standing, walking, and speaking for long periods of time and Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
Company Location: Edmonton, AB