ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANT – SPARWOOD, B.C. Job at INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY in Sparwood, BC
Facility :SPARWOOD HEALTH CENTRE
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Sparwood Health Centre is looking for a Relief Full Time Administrative Services Assistant to join their team! If you hold an Office Administration Certificate, plus one year’s recent experience, a current typing TEST 40 wpm or greater and a current valid BC Driver’s license….Apply today!
This position performs reception, administrative and Health Unit Aide support to CIHS programs, such as:
- Regular office and reception duties: Data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information, types correspondence, prepares presentations, arranges meeting, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes, books travel, performs reception duties, record management;
- Schedules and confirms client appointments;
- Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions;
- Maintains medical/surgical supplies, equipment and CIHS resource material;
- Clinical support – cleaning, setting up and dismantling rooms, cleaning/sanitizing toys and equipment, weighing and measuring babies, calibrating equipment, vision screenings;
- Cleans medical equipment and instruments;
- Delivering supplies and biologicals to health unit;
- Deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday from 08:00 – 16:00
**This is a temporary position until the return of incumbent**
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Sparwood is a family-friendly Rocky Mountain community nestled in the heart of B.C.’s Elk Valley. The community offers exceptional lifestyle opportunities that include world-class skiing, mountain-biking, fishing, hiking and hunting or simply spending time in the great outdoors. Sparwood is ideally situated to take full advantage of outdoor recreation throughout the year. Just 30 minutes away, the Fernie Alpine Resort offers skiing, snowmobiling and a host of other winter activities. In the summer months, bikers and hikers can take full advantage of the beautiful Elk Valley Provincial Park. Sparwood’s alpine setting in the midst of lakes, glacier-fed rivers and woodlands make it hunting and fishing paradise.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
**Please Upload Office Administrative Certificate, typing test (min 40 wpm within past 48 months) and copy of driver’s license.**
Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
- One years recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a typing test at 40 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (on-line tests not accepted)
- Current valid BC Driver’s License
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to type at 40 wpm
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
- Knowledge of nursing equipment
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures
- Business writing skills
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Company: INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Company Location: Sparwood, BC