Administrative Support Clerk Job at The District Municipality of Muskoka in Muskoka, ON
Wage: $ 23.08 – $ 25.32 per hour Classification: CUPE Inside Class 4
The Planning Services Division of the District’s Community and Planning Services Department is currently looking for an:
Administrative Support Clerk
Temporary Full Time – up to 6 months
This role will provide administrative support services to the Planning, Environmental and GIS groups. A knowledge of, and interest
in, the work completed by these groups will be an asset to the successful incumbent to this vacancy.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Support Clerk will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide administrative support to departmental staff including but not limited to: preparing correspondence and monthly
reports; proof reading documents; gathering data, statistics and other information; scheduling resources; maintaining and
distributing contact lists; and, processing financial information including expenditure tracking.
- Receive, record, scan and distribute mail, facsimile and electronic transmissions to appropriate staff.
- Liaise with clients, customers and staff in person, virtually, by phone and/or by email as a first point of contact within the
- Receive and distribute verbal and written service requests from the public and staff following applicable processes and
customer service policies.
- Maintain departmental files and record keeping systems including electronic files, scanning, records retention, and follow-ups.
- Assist in the generation, collection, processing and filing of purchase orders, work orders, timesheets, invoices and other
documentation as necessary to maintain accurate operations records.
- Arrange/ schedule departmental meetings and training, and assist with agenda preparation and minute taking of meetings, as
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of various projects and assignments.
- Assist with monitoring and updating sections of the District of Muskoka website in accordance with communications direction,
policies or procedures.
The skills, experience and qualifications we are seeking for this job include:
- Graduation from Grade 12 with three (3) years related experience; or completion of a one (1) year post-secondary program with
one (1) year related experience.
As the Administrative Support Clerk, you will be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and courteously with
employees and members of the public, both in person, by telephone or electronically. You will have strong organizational,
analytical and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated technological proficiency, with good oral and written communication
If you have the necessary skills, experience and qualifications, and support our Vision and Values of RISE
(Respect and Integrity, Innovative Leadership, Synergy and Experiences) please review the “How to Apply”
instructions on our website and then submit your application.
Watch our video to learn more about working at the District!
The District Municipality of Muskoka is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racially visible
individuals, people with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and LGBTQ+ persons.
Company: The District Municipality of Muskoka
Company Location: Muskoka, ON