Administrator Job in London at Royal Mail Group –
Administrator (Retail Mail Products) – London (Hybrid) – Permanent
Starting Salary £23,790, increasing to £24,605 after 6 months
This is a Hybrid Working role with a requirement to attend our London office in line with business needs. Please note, you will be supporting a Team which is nationally based, with occasional attendance required at team meetings at sites other than Head office (London)
We’re currently innovating and transforming our business for the future, adapting towards a parcel delivery market, as well as taking environmental responsibility for our impact as a business. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Are you a confident, self-directing individual who works well under pressure? Do you have excellent administrative skills and a good understanding of Excel? If so, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for a Retail Mail Products Administrator to join our Team. Interested? More details and how to apply can be found below.
Reporting into the Retail Mail Product Manager, you will provide administration support to Retail Mail (Advertising, Business and Consumer products).
This is a Hybrid Working role with a requirement to attend our London office in line with business needs. Please note, you will be supporting a Team which is nationally based, with occasional attendance required at team meetings at sites other than Head office (London).
About the Role
You will assist the Product Managers and Head of Retail Mail by providing administration support across the suite of Retail Mail products (incl: Business Mail, Advertising Mail, Redirection, and other Consumer products) worth c.£800m.
You will deal effectively with all telephone/email enquiries from both the internal and external customers of Retail, and colleagues across the business. You’ll also assist with Customer Experience issues, customer complaints and sales enquiries.
You will aid the development of product and sales materials and routine collateral updates. You’ll be the administrator for the Retail Mail and Publishing email inbox and Retail Mail Team SharePoint. Alongside this, you will raise Purchase Orders for the Retail Mail Team (raise, get approval, record on the PO spreadsheet, and inform the relevant stakeholders).
You’ll need to be both flexible and adaptable, supporting ad hoc reporting requests, pricing deals and frameworks.
To truly excel in this role, you’ll possess, and be able to evidence, the skills and experience listed below:
- Self-directing, flexible, and adaptable
- Customer service experience/knowledge, with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Strong organisational skills, and a keen analytical eye
- Excellent computer skills, with good working knowledge of MS office including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience handling customer issues/queries
- Confident managing a diverse range of stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Letters products/processes and RM Operations and network is desirable
- Experience of revenue protection and data analysis would be an advantage
- Generous holiday entitlement of 22.5 days (plus bank holidays), increasing with years completed service
- Company pension scheme with competitive contribution rates
- RMG Share Schemes – partnership and matching share offer
- Family friendly support – enhanced maternity pay, paternity leave, adoption leave, shared parental leave and childcare vouchers
- Discounts and offers – there are more than 800 offers to help you save on things like groceries, days out, holidays and your household bills*.
- Supportive and generous company sick pay
- Access to our Feeling First Class service, providing both mental and physical wellbeing support
- Lifestyle benefits – You can purchase a car, bike, home technology or mobile phone, or choose from a range of health benefits and insurance products. You make regular payments from your salary, and so could save on tax*.
- Financial support – information and services to help you manage debt and grow your financial knowledge, with debt consolidation & savings plans*
- Your peace of mind with – Healthcare CashPlan, Dental Cover, Additional Life (life insurance) & Additional Life Partner, Hospital & Death Benefit Plans; Voluntary Critical illness & Voluntary Critical illness Partner
- Free & discounted RMG products – free keep safe & redirection, partner discounts
- Free stamps at Christmas
- Available only to perm employees
With over 500 years history of connecting individuals and communities, we are decisively committed to inclusion and passionate about our people representing the communities we serve. We recognise that collectively, it’s our differences and unique contributions that make Royal Mail Group an accessible and successful business. We are proud of our diverse employee network groups and the active role they play to support belonging and fostering a positive work environment, where we recognise and value differences and help colleagues to fulfil their potential and thrive. To that end, we welcome everyone from all walks of life regardless of [for example]: age, disability, race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation or origin.
If you need any adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact: Amy Vickers, [email protected]
Your career in safe hands
At Royal Mail we value our people and we want our people to be proud to work for our businesses.
We have the assets, the infrastructure and the scale that others don’t, yet we are a big part of the communities we operate in, making billions of precious deliveries each year. We are responsible for the largest B2B customer database in the UK and are one of the largest employers in the UK, providing one in every 194 jobs.
An operation of this size needs a strong support network, and the HR, Legal, Finance, IT, Risk & Governance, Customer Experience, Sales & Marketing departments are all integral to helping us to utilise the latest technology and business approaches to optimise, automate and digitise our operations.
Royal Mail is a forward thinking, innovative organisation, that is also committed to reducing emissions and improving air quality in our communities. This includes investing in technologies such as electric vehicles, drones, alternative fuel trucks and energy improvements to our estate.
For more information about Royal Mail’s values of being positive, brilliant and part of it, please click on the link below:
About Us (royalmailgroup.com)
Closing Date: Monday 28th November 2022. Please note, this advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached.
About the Company
Company: Royal Mail Group –
Company Location: London