Advisor, Client Solutions Jobs in Ottawa, ON at Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Title: Advisor, Client Solutions
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Location: Ottawa, ON
Salary: $113K – $141K
Category: Education, Government & Non-Profit
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. Your client expertise will allow us to build relationships with key business partners. As part of the VP Client Solutions Multi Units leadership team, you will use your leadership, ability to influence and experience to provide strategic advice helping us to make housing affordable to everyone in Canada. We aim to be a catalyst for housing finance solutions and this will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business, finance or commerce, political science, policy.
• Minimum of ten years of prior relevant experience.
• Strong understanding of multi-unit products and services.
• Working knowledge of residential/multi-unit mortgage loan insurance, lending, real estate (including non-housing related commercial), not-for-profits in real estate and commercial financial markets.
• Demonstrated experience in building partnerships. Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Strong knowledge of internal procedures, policies and regulations around corporate management.
• Strong strategic thinking.
• Exceptional persuasion, negotiation and influencing skills.
What you will be doing
• Providing strategic advice to VP Client Solutions- Multi Units regarding national-level vision, direction setting, client strategy, business planning and development
• Provides credible and authoritative advice at all levels of management (including CEO), which may alter policies, products and processes.
• Providing strategic direction and leadership in support of the Sector and in particular the regional operations, and providing leadership and coaching
• Negotiates and navigates through challenging politically sensitive issues.
• Working with senior leadership to forge key national relationships
• Mobilizing peers, aligning work and systems to achieve program and policy efficiencies and results and build organizational capabilities
• Providing strategic advice and guidance to regional and national networks of internal and external clients
• Stimulating the development of multi-unit housing
• Inspiring, with the goal of transforming the housing sector and creating a new generation of housing that will meet the future needs of Canadians
• Providing expertise and financing solutions with the goal of increasing housing supply
• Offers advice, support and alternative creative or innovative solutions to peers, clients and stakeholders including the communication of key decisions, the interpretation of policies and the response to inquiries related to multi unit housing programs and policies.
• Consults extensively with internal and external stakeholders to gain intelligence on multi unit housing providers, their financial needs and insights related to the market.
• Experimenting with new approaches
• Applies sound judgment and decision-making practices that are factual and based on complex analysis to derive creative recommendations and solutions on CMHC’s most complex transactions while stretching the boundaries of internal policies, risk appetite and relative controls.
• Creatively identifies new partnerships, funding models, and other approaches to facilitate the increase and the quality of rental housing units.