Aircraft Avionics Technician I-III Job at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Must have prior experience with avionics/aircraft maintenance.
- Strong decision making abilities
- Strong isolation & troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
- Must be able to read schematics and drawings
- Demonstrates proficiency at electronic assembly, soldering, crimping, splicing, harness fabrication, and control panel building
- Must be able to test & isolate failures to components
- Must be able to install components.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The education and experience listed below apply to all levels of Aircraft / Avionics Techncian. Each successive level of Aircraft / Avionics Technician has additional proficiencies with the education and experience listed.
Aircraft / Avionics Technician I
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years avionics/aircraft maintenance experience.
Aircraft / Avionics Technician II
- 4+ years of avionics/aircraft maintenance experience and all skills listed above.
Aircraft / Avionics Technician III
- 6+ years of avionics/aircraft maintenance experience and all skills listed above
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Office, production/manufacturing and outside environment
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Standing, walking, bending, reaching and working from slightly elevated surface on a regular
Must perform and/or assist all activities normally found in aerial target maintenance, including the use of hand and power tools, lifting heavy objects, and working with industrial chemicals and adhesives such as epoxy, grease, jet fuel, oils, and cleaners
Employee may generate, handle, manage, or work around hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB JUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES
Company: Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
Company Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma