Aircraft Structures Mechanics Job at STS Technical Services in Windsor Locks, Connecticut 06096
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Structures Mechanics in Windsor Locks, Connecticut.
Examines, repairs, assembles, and tests aircraft accessories, such as engines, power brake units, auxiliary electric motors, carburetors, spark igniters, valves, pumps, fuselage, wings, and oil and fuel tanks, using hand tools and testing devices, and following shop orders and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Performs routine inspections or special maintenance to prevent failures of aircraft mechanical systems and components; performs complete operations checks on hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, plumbing, precision assemblies, rigging and controls, etc.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced; decides upon necessary repair scheme, quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures necessary parts from Stores or departmental supplies.
- Repairs, reworks, and modifies worn or defective assemblies, making alterations or changes to units when necessary.
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM’s) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Consults the Maintenance Lead if technical assistance is needed during the repair process.
- Inspects completed work before sign off to identify any needed rework; performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping after finishing all designated operations.
- Submits completed/in-progress work to Maintenance Lead for review; submits to Quality Assurance for final/in-progress inspection and re-certification of airworthiness.
- Provides supervisor with performance statistics and other operational data, as requested.
- Properly accounts for time and materials used in all inspection and maintenance activities.
- High School/ GED
- A&P preferred but not a requirement
- Solid sheetmetal & structures experience required
- FLSA Non-Exempt, Advanced Technician Role, requiring Advanced Skills to perform all standard tasks within the Technical Area assigned to.
- Generally at least 5-7 years or more of experience in area of responsibility with aircraft/ general aviation trained in one aircraft type; proficient and demonstrated skill with the aircraft.
- Actual and recent depot level aircraft maintenance and repair experience is required, (repair of mechanical systems, components, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, rigging etc.); proficiency with interpretation of original equipment manufacturer’s technical data or work package instructions; experience using power or pneumatic hand tools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assignments require Comprehensive Knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities within their Technical Area.
- Skills are broadly applied in multiple Technical Areas.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 “Respirator Protection” regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
General Commitment for all Employees:
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you have questions and want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Company: STS Technical Services
Company Location: Windsor Locks, Connecticut 06096