Analyst IT Job at Exelon Corporation in Baltimore, MD
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform activities relating to designing, building, testing, and implementing solutions, products and processes under the general direction of more experienced personnel. Expands and applies knowledge of IT and Project Management processes to job activities. Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- As directed, perform, document and assist in work activities relating to projects, sub-projects, or processes. For Projects: analyze requirements, then design, build, and test IT software solutions in accordance with IT project management standards.
- Acquire and apply project management / IT knowledge.
- Organize own activities for short term or sub-project/components under the direction of experienced personnel and reports on status.
- Gain product experience and technical skills through assigned role and training.
- Ensure adherence to standards as outlined in the management model and IT project management standards. Utilize best practices to improve products and services.
- Bachelors degree and typically 0 to 2 years related experience in IT or Business or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Financial acumen and ability to understand forecasts and budgets
- Ability to understand and communicate
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Business preferred
- Performs this service in support of IT Work and Asset Management Strategic Projects.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Company: Exelon Corporation
Company Location: Baltimore, MD