ASP.NET Developer Jobs in Virtual / Travel at CNSI
Title: ASP.NET Developer
Location: Virtual / Travel
Salary: $80K – $100K*
Category: Technical Services
CNSI is seeking a bright, talented ASP.NET developer who is experienced in AJAX, C# and WCF to work alongside our various experienced development team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to think strategically, to learn rapidly and to be unafraid of new challenges in technology. Experience in the healthcare domain would be a plus. The selected candidate would work in an environment with veteran developers, presenting them with an opportunity to learn and grow. Position is 100% remote working within the Eastern or Central time zones.
What You Will Do:
• Build and maintain high performance, scalable software systems.
• Improve the reliability and efficiency of our products’ core modules.
• Develop straightforward, elegant solutions to complex problems.
• Implement new features, changes, enhancements and updates to our product.
• Perform unit and integration testing as necessary and address, escalate and discuss software quality issues as they arise.
• Work with the team to make sure that software runs optimally in production.
• Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively.
• Collaborate with product team to define clear requirements, deliverables, and milestones for new projects.
• Design, test, develop, and deploy production-ready applications.
Who You Are:
• You have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems with 3-5 years development experience and 2+ years of hands-on work experience in .NET Framework 3.5 or greater.
• You have 3+ years of hands-on work experience in C# working directly within the following areas:
o 2+ years of hands-on work experience with Entity Framework and WCF Services connecting to a database;
o Very strong C# fundamentals and has built REST Web applications in C#;
o Experience building services and UI with third party components such as bootstrap (3/4), log4net, tabulator, jQuery UI, Newtonsoft, Infragistics, Telerik, etc.;
o Experience programming stored procedures, functions, triggers, etc. for both SQL Server and Oracle DB, and a sound knowledge of ANSI SQL programming;
o Recent experience with SVN and Visual Studio to SVN integration;
o Recent experience with IIS and SQL Server administration.
o Recent experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), would be a plus.
o Recent experience with Agile methodologies and Jira, would be a plus.
o J2EE Technologies (Servlets, JSP, JDBC, EJB, JMS, Webservices) experience, would be a plus.
• You must be detail-oriented especially on authoring low-level design documentation and documenting in-line code comments.
• With moderate supervision, you must be able to implement moderate to complex components of the application / program, and maintain and/or modify applications, program or system software as defined.
• You must be able to work collaboratively with Development Specialists and Business Analysis team to finalize the system design and business solutions.
• You must have the ability to work within project plans and meet deadlines.
• You must be able to demonstrate analytical skills and thinking.
• You must be able to effectively communicate technical impact, root cause, and corrective actions to team leads and management.
We are proud to b…
The Caribbean Netherlands Science Institute, also known as CNSI, is a scientific research facility in the Caribbean Netherlands, specifically on the island of Sint Eustatius. CNSI was officially opened in 2014. It was created by NIOZ (the Royal Netherlands Institute of Sea Research, aka Nederlands Instituut voor Zeeonderzoek) and is also closely allied with the Faculty of Archaeology of Leiden University, IMARES Wageningen UR, Naturalis Biodiversity Centre, and the Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies.