Assistant Animal Caretaker Job at Panthera Africa – in Stanford, Western Cape
NEW PRIDE MEMBER WANTED – A HUMAN ONE THIS TIME!
We are still accepting applications for a new ASSITANT ANIMAL CARETAKER/PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR who is enthusiastic, trustworthy, honest, hard-working, efficient, takes initiative, is passionate, creative, dedicated, respectful and loves people and animals!
You will be residing on site at Panthera Africa Big Cat Sanctuary in Stanford! This is a job that is filled with great purpose, hard work and passion, and not your typical 9-17 job.
Does this sound like you? GREAT – then read on!
Duties and responsibilities:
Working with our beautiful animals, duties include:
– Small feed & small enclosure clean
– Cleaning feeding camps and water bowls
– Assisting with working meat, supplementing, feeding and big enclosure cleans
– Animal and fence checks
– Managing & overseeing enclosure maintenance projects – inside and outside i.e alien control, building of structures, brush cutting and general maintenance
– Presenting educational visits to public, including school groups
– Perimeter checks & maintenance
– Enclosure electric fencing problem solving
– Working with international volunteers on assigned projects
– Willingness to help wherever needed
Skills and Experience required:
– People and task management is a priority
– Capable and willing to work as part of a team and independently
– Great communication and interaction skills with individuals and groups
– Physically, emotionally and mentally fit and healthy
– Strong problem-solving skills
– Organized, detail oriented and good planning skills
– Time management, flexibility and adaptability
– Excellent verbal and written English
– Valid Driver’s license
– Animal related background (preferred)
With the application a short VIDEO (max 2 mins) will need to be provided. In the video, please tell us why you believe you are the perfect candidate and what skills and personality you can add to our pride. If your application is successful, we will reach out to you for a phone or Skype interview.
#pantheraafrica #responsibletourism #truesanctuaries #bigcatsanctuary #passion #career #hiring #hiringnow #animalcaretaker
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Learnership
Salary: R4,000.00 – R10,000.00 per month
Company: Panthera Africa –
Company Location: Stanford, Western Cape