Assistant Financial Accountant Statutory Reporting Job in Sydney, NSW at Allianz
At Allianz, we care for all the things that make you, you. For feeling like you belong. For a place where learning never stops. For growing new skills and opening up exciting possibilities. For your curiosity to thrive and help transform an industry. And when life twists, there’s flexibility for balance and the support you need. We know that flexible work comes in different forms, that’s why we’re embracing hybrid teams – enabling employees to maintain a balance of working both in the office and remote, supporting the needs of both the business and individual. So, come and share your ideas, give back and feel proud to be part of a company doing work that matters across climate change and mental health. Let’s care for everyone’s tomorrow so we can create a better future together.
Assistant Financial Accountant – Statutory Reporting | NSW – Sydney
- Turn your job into a career with purpose
- Feel empowered to make a positive impact
- Be trusted to do what’s right
Looking for a role that allows you to learn and develop your career?
We have a vacancy for an Assistant Financial Accountant within our committed and high performing Finance Division. Reporting into the manager of Statutory Reporting, the primary purpose of this role is to ensure the timely delivery of complete and accurate statutory and group reporting processes for Allianz Australia (AAL) and its operations. This role would suit a recent Uni graduate and will provide an opportunity to progress within our Finance teams.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the statutory reporting team by performing month/quarter end close processes for AAL’s operations including subsidiaries.
- Implementation and maintenance of an appropriate control framework to ensure complete, accurate and timely reporting.
- Collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to support the annual planning process.
- Year-end financial statement compilation process, including full analysis of figures, preparation of Board / Audit Committee papers and being a contact point with the external auditor.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects.
Important to your success:
- Tertiary qualifications Economics, Commerce, Finance or other relevant discipline.
- Experience in insurance or financial services in a financial accounting or statutory reporting role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Demonstrated time management and organisation skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your work.
- A positive, proactive and resilient attitude to embrace change and innovation.
What’s on offer?
- What matters to you, matters to us too. Feel supported to have open, honest conversations about the flex you need so that you’re able to take care of your personal wellbeing and deliver your best work.
- Be part of a team that’s open-minded, supportive, approachable and genuinely focused on customer outcomes
- We embrace change and are committed to transforming the industry so our customers can live life to the fullest
- As we embed a customer-focused strategy across everything we do, you’ll have an opportunity to drive innovation and real change that delivers a tangible and meaningful impact on our people, our customers and our community
- Encouraged to get involved with our network groups – Women of Allianz and Allianz Pride
Allianz is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
We do this through delivering a great customer experience that is the result of appreciating each other every single day, showing heart by really listening and seeing things from the perspective of others by always asking, “how can I help?”.
Allianz is committed to enabling a culture where inclusion is embedded, everyone belongs and new ideas are embraced. We welcome and value talent from all backgrounds, experiences and ways of working Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.
As a requirement of your role, it will be necessary for you attend the workplace from time to time. In accordance with our COVID-19 vaccination requirement, all entrants to the office must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter an Allianz operated workplace in Australia.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
About the Company
Company Location: Sydney, NSW