Assistant Manager Job at City Electrical Factors Ltd in Basingstoke
Assistant Manager – competitive salary including bonus *Immediate start available*
We are currently looking to recruit a full-time Assistant Manager for our Basingstoke store.
CEF is a leading electrical wholesaler with 390 stores in the UK, our culture wherever possible is to promote from within, therefore career progression opportunities are available to everyone who joins the company.
The Assistant Manager’s role includes managing and leading a team, purchasing of goods for stock, including negotiating prices with suppliers, overseeing the management of the warehouse, including stock control, customer and supplier returns, trade counter service and customer delivery schedules.
Competitive salary including bonus per annum + training + career progression + benefits.
Established in 1951, CEF is privately owned and is a global business and is a leading supplier of electrical products and services for professional buyers and installers. We operate across the UK via a national network of stores and online via cef.co.uk.
One of our core values is to promote our own people through the business wherever possible, therefore people development and career progression are high on our agenda. Our current senior management team all joined the business at store level and have progressed through the business in this way, with hard work and dedication the very same opportunity is available to you.
Stores Manager / Assistant Manager Responsibilities
- Motivate and manage a team
- Staff training and appraisals
- Purchase ordering of stock
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Stock control
- Warehouse management
- Prepare and plan an annual stock take
- Oversee trade counter customer service
- Process customer orders
- Customer and supplier returns
- Industrial knowledge essential
- Wholesale experience as a Stores Manager or Inventory Controller is preferable but not essential
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- A competitive industry salary
- An uncapped bonus scheme, which allows you to benefit from the success of the Company
- 20 days holiday with an increase of up to 25 days
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff discount
Successful applicants will need to have a full UK driving licence.
If you are looking for a fulfilling career with full training provided and an opportunity to progress into a sales role or further management positions then please apply now!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Electrical Wholesale: 1 year (Required)
Company: City Electrical Factors Ltd
Company Location: Basingstoke