Assistant Operations Controller Internship Job at Batten company – in Sasolburg, Free State
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accept perishable cargo (or other) into the warehouse and take responsibility for perishable cargo that must be refrigerated as per product specification and ensure that required temperatures are pre-conditioned and maintained at all times.
- Ensure all Export requirements are met and documents are completed and collected in required time frame.
- Cargo must be labelled and inspected as per company requirements.
- Arrange customs inspections if required.
- Ensure cargo is packed and loaded as required, and delivered to the airlines in respective timeframe
- Constantly communicate and collaborate with account owners and ensure that they keep the customer posted of shipment progress and key milestones as well as immediate notification of any delays.
- Ensure that shipments are booked and departs as booked – constant follow-up and communication with customer and all stakeholders.
- Ensure availability, that if on duty afterhours or over weekends, all required tasks and responsibilities are met. This includes actively following the progress of the shipment and keep customers updated on dedicated what’s app groups and company Systems.
- Identify areas of improvement and then suggest the implement of solutions to overcome these possible obstacles to ensure ongoing improvement of processes and training of staff.
- Build close customer relations and connect with key individuals to retain customers and maintain high service levels at all times.
- Grade 12
- Clear criminal record
- Own transport
- Good communication skills and understanding of systems.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including different shift systems
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: R10,000.00 – R13,000.00 per month
Company: Batten company –
Company Location: Sasolburg, Free State