Associate Director/Director of Tax Jobs in Newark, CA at Revance Therapeutics
Title: Associate Director/Director of Tax
Company: Revance Therapeutics
Location: Newark, CA
Salary: $250K – $500K*
Category: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
The Associate Director/Director of Tax is responsible for leading the tax planning/strategy, technical research, operations, and compliance activities. The position will require effective cross-functional collaboration with internal departments and external agencies. The individual will need to be a self-starter in a very dynamic environment with the ability to look for opportunities to continuously improve current processes and scale business operations to support organizational growth.
· Manage the US corporate federal, state, and international tax compliance process with internal and external parties, including tax provisions, annual returns, property tax, and sales and use tax filing.
· Oversee the accurate and timely filing of all tax returns.
· Reduce reliance on third parties by evaluating tax and accounting treatment by performing research and drafting memorandums.
· Develop/maintain the corporate tax strategy, including recommending proper tax considerations for entering new jurisdictions (both in the US and abroad) and evaluating state nexus requirements.
· Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the impact to management, and develop strategies to address legislative changes.
· Prepare tax journal entries/reconciliations as part of the period-end accounting close on a timely basis and review general ledger accounts for tax implications.
· Prepare data and other supporting information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by internal and external auditors.
· Evaluate Sales and Use Tax requirements for all new products, develop a plan to address these requirements, implement solutions, and monitor the ongoing process.
· Develop tax processes and implement tax systems, as needed.
· Maintain proper internal controls over financial reporting and other required accounting documentation to satisfy external audit requirements.
· Take an active role within the accounting organization to drive goal achievement, while evaluating and recommending process improvements.
· Act as an internal tax resource for our Payroll team to ensure tax rules are adhered to for employee payroll and stock matters.
· Manage with other special projects or activities as needed, which may include Section 382 analysis and R&D credit studies.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or equivalent).
· Active CPA.
· A minimum of 15 years of related experience, including external audit experience and/or industry experience.
· Advanced understanding of IRC, corporate tax, and international tax.
· Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Exceptional communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
· Adheres to a high standard for quality deliverables, teamwork, results, and customer service.
· Demonstrates an ability to be flexible and adaptable when necessary.
· Adapts well but maintains a strong analytical orientation, speaking critically to the effects of decisions on company financials.
· Strong analytical skills with an ability to collaborate functionally with all business units.
· Communicates vision in clear and persuasive terms.
· Demonstrated effectiveness in the management of external…