Assurance Services – Manager (AOA, ARA & DEA) Job at Deloitte – in Midrand, Gauteng
- Lead the way in reimagining how Finance functions are delivered by joining one of the fastest growing Business Units in Deloitte
- Focus on Controllership outcomes – specialising in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the financial close process
- Build deep relationships with CFOs, Financial Controllers and other Finance leaders while bringing a Deloitte ‘point of view’
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
- Benefit from global mentoring and development opportunities, to make an impact across Africa.
Our diverse and inclusive Assurance Services team is growing rapidly to meet increasing client demand in solving challenges in the Finance function. We need you to help us make an impact that matters.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies required:
- CA (SA)
- 2 years post articles experience
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
Are you curious, practical, outcomes driven, love learning, client centric, relish a challenge, collaborative, thrive on working on a variety of diverse problems from clients in different industries and sectors and being part of a fun, professional team? If so, read on!
We’re looking for someone with some or more of the following attributes:
- Understanding of finance business processes (“as-is”, gap analysis, documentation, flowcharts)
- Internal controls design and testing to address risks identified within a process
- Experience in finance functions optimisation / improvements with ERP and reporting packages / systems (SAP, Oracle, SAGE, Hyperion, etc) experience.
- Understanding of the chart of accounts structure and design of month-end balance sheet reconciliation process
- Experience with advanced Excel – macros, etc.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Africa opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Understanding of the audit and advisory businesses, and their interaction with wider firm locally and globally, strategy and challenges
Notable experience on providing Strategic Insights to Partners
Project management experience
Excellent industry and business knowledge
Demonstrated leadership skills
Ability to interpret, communicate and implement strategy
Demonstrated execution of complex projects within timeframes and cost
Experienced in development and delivery of professional presentations
Excellent report writing skills
Solid financial knowledge
Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal with all levels of staff & leadership
Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
Excellent mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
Strong client delivery focus
Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
Focus on quality and risk
Excellent problem-solving ability
Exceptional business acumen
- Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Company: Deloitte –
Company Location: Midrand, Gauteng