Auditor Job at BNP Paribas in London
BNP Paribas has a presence in 72 countries with more than 200,000 employees, including 154,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) and Retail Banking & Services.
You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Business Area/Dept Overview
You will operate as a member of a highly qualified Audit Hub of approximately 90 auditors. The Hub’s remit is to provide audit services to the Businesses, Operations and Functions in France, UK, Ireland, Channel Islands and Middle-East in close liaison with Senior Management and Head Office entities. The main focus is to help the organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
As a member of the Securities Services & International Financial Services Audit team, you will have responsibility for undertaking audit reviews across part of the CIB (Securities Services) and International Financial Services business lines covering:
- BNP Paribas Securities Services
- BNP Paribas Cardif (Insurance)
- BNP Paribas Asset Management
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management
- BNP Paribas Real Estate
Our Audit Hub provides employees with an excellent grounding in all aspects of the business, and regular interaction with Management enables strong relationships to be built, allowing a robust understanding in all aspects of the businesses.
Having performed successfully in this role, the individual will have the benefit of a broad range of career opportunities within the Group – both within Internal Audit and wider business lines/functions; in the UK and abroad. A comprehensive training programme is in place to ensure continued professional development.
Purpose & Scope of role
To complement the existing skillset within the London-based Securities Services & International Financial Services team by means of contributing product knowledge grounded in practical business experience. The Auditor will play an active role in the Paris CIB, UK & ME Regions Hub, performing risk-based audit reviews and recommending solutions to identified issues and weaknesses.
Key Responsibilities of role
- Participate in audit assignments from the preparation phase through to audit recommendations follow-up.
- Provide conclusions and recommendations on the audit and present these to the relevant key audit stakeholders.
- Contribute to comprehensive and value-adding audit reports.
- Maintain audit documentation in accordance with IG standards and in the IG audit tool.
- Perform periodic Risk Assessments where the input contributes to the audit planning process.
- Willingness to travel if necessary (mainly UK, Channel Islands and Paris) – not more than 25% annually
There may also be opportunities to participate in other reviews within the Paris CIB, UK & ME Regions scope outside the core business line coverage, ad-hoc investigations including Quality Assurance Reviews at other geographical locations, Regulatory assignments and non-lead roles in detailed investigations/Special Assignments.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
- Product knowledge related to 1 or more of the business lines this role supports
- Past experience from an internal audit or consultancy background covering e.g. quality assurance, project management, risk management or specifically operational risk is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills: including ability to understand quickly the critical steps in a process, synthesise and process complex information and understand the related risks of various nature, including use of data.
- Good drive: motivated and proactive
- Thorough and organised with an ability to prioritise and work under time-pressure.
- Strong communication skills: ability to listen, clear oral and written communication.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Academic background in Finance / Banking
- IIA certification is a plus, but not a must.
Company: BNP Paribas
Company Location: London