Band 3 Switchboard Operator Job at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust in London
To operate the trust switchboard providing an efficient and effective operator service to all callers to the trust internal and external, to activate all emergency procedures as required by the trust, to offer a facilities helpdesk service out of hours
- To operate the trust switchboard, responding to all callers in a polite and efficient manner
- To answer the trust switchboard within the 6 second response time
- To activate the trust Cardiac Arrest, Fire, Security, Trauma and other emergency procedures when requested
- To be the first point of contact to the trust from LAS, LFB and SHA in relation to emergency incidents
- To take complex medical information from London Ambulance Service and pass this information on to the Primary Angioplasty, Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS). ST-Elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI). Non ST-elevation Myocardial infarction (NSTEMI). Direct Access, risk assessment, early evidence-based medical and invasive treatment of unstable non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes (DAMBUSTER).or Major Incident teams as needed by using the internal paging system, external paging system, internal intercoms and mobile telephone’s.
- To monitor and act on alarms from the trust fire panel, passing on any faults as required and acting out on any fire calls ensuring that the correct details and gate access are passed onto the London Fire Brigade (LFB).
- To program up as and when required internal bleeps and external pagers.
- To monitor and act on the Critical Alarm system located in the switchboard, ensuring that the police and security team are called as needed.
- To be able to Activate the trust smells and bells policy ensuring the 10 Min Timer is followed.
- Contribute to the monitoring and testing maintenance of systems and equipment in the switchboard.
- To activate Aircalls on the equipment provided.
- To run reports on messages sent to Aircalls as required.
- To log all emergency calls in the relevant record book.
- To ensure that the switchboard database is always up to date, making changes where necessary.
- To ensure the Irradiator alarm activation is given priority over other emergency calls and the police and emergency teams are called immediately.
- To complete the daily Dr’s rota for distribution to A&E and other departments.
- To cover the Telecommunications reception desk and assisting callers either on the phone or to the department with the enquires.
- Develop and maintain communication with people about difficult matters and in difficult situations.
- To produce requests on the Bleep management terminal when requested.
- To produce basic reports on the trusts call logger for departments.
- To respond to emails to the switchboard generic email account in a timely manner.
- To follow all local emergency and other procedures.
- To cover all shifts on the rota, this includes Night shift weekends and bank holiday’s
- To offer a reliable Facilities helpdesk service out of hours to the trust
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade.
This job description gives a general outline of the post and is not intended to be inflexible or a final list of duties. It may therefore be amended from time to time in consultation with the post holder.
Company: Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
Company Location: London