BENEFITS ASSISTANT (FULL TIME) Job at Northern Health in Prince George, BC
Employee Type: RELIEF FULL TIME
Bargaining Unit: NON-CONTRACT
Facility: CORPORATE OFFICE
Department: NH EMP REC & BEN ADMIN
Reports To: REGIONAL MANAGER, EMPLOYEE RECORDS & BENEFITS ADMI
Close Date: JANUARY 19, 2021*
The Benefits Assistant supports the Benefits team in administering all benefits programs at Northern Health. The position is responsible for determining eligibility and entitlement and processing benefit and pension applications. The Benefits Assistant provides employee services by supplying information and ensuring access to benefits in a timely manner and in accordance with the applicable collective agreements, organizational policy or the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Excluded Employees. The incumbent communicates with employees, managers, Staffing, HR, and Payroll staff, and union representatives in the course of processing and clarifying employee information and documenting or responding to inquiries related to leaves and benefit entitlements. The Benefits Assistant liaises with benefits carriers, other employers and government agencies, such as the Pension Corporation, regulatory bodies and professional associations to obtain information, clarify discrepancies, resolve problems, and deal with employee concerns. Conducts on-going audits and produces associated reports according to the applicable collective agreements or the Terms and Conditions of Employment.
- Diploma in Human Resources Management three (3) to five (5) years of recent related experience in benefits administration.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to utilize a customer service approach to staff and clients.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative in problem solving and finding solutions to issues.
- Knowledge of characteristics and requirements of public sector pension and benefit plans.
- Knowledge of collective agreements, applicable legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of payroll and human resource information systems.
- Skilled in the use of computer applications including MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to set and maintain priorities, work under pressure and be results oriented.
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively under the pressure of deadlines.
- All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
Company: Northern Health
Company Location: Prince George, BC