Benefits Officer Job at Civica in Home Based
Job title: Benefits Officer
Location: Home based
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Hours: Permanent, Full-time, 37.5hrs per week
Civica are looking to recruit enthusiastic, hardworking Benefit Officers trained in either the OpenRevenues, Northgate or Academy system, with proven skills in customer service and negotiation, to join our Revenues and Benefits team in Civica OnDemand services. If you are interested in background information on OnDemand please take a look at our resource video at: https://youtu.be/tG0JD7jkf1w
Civica is the leading provider of digital solutions & managed services for public sector and regulated markets. We help organisations around the world to deliver better outcomes for people and places.
- We offer blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends/family
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times – Diversity Leader 2020: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer on Glassdoor: Our average length of service for our employees is 9 years
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices
You must have a good knowledge of all areas of Benefits administration, excellent ICT skills and the ability to work under pressure. You must have experience of accurately maintaining and interpreting personal and financial data as well as demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills. Please note that this post requires access to Local Government systems and Civica. Therefore you will be required to undergo Basic Disclosure clearance.
About The Role:
- As Benefits Officer, you will be supporting our clients with their Benefit caseloads dealing will all types of claims. Below are some of the main duties within the role.
- To ensure a full working knowledge of relevant legislation and IT applications to enable the efficient carrying out of the duties attached to the post.
- To answer and deal with telephone, written or face to face enquiries from customers and stakeholders, as appropriate, providing explanations and clarification of decisions and actions taken and general advice and guidance relating to legislation, policy and procedures.
- To identify possible irregularities in benefit claims and refer these cases to the Fraud Team.
- To participate on occasions, in small project teams to redesign and redevelop service provision when appropriate
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality – Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
To apply for a post with us, we are looking for people to join Civica on either a permanent basis or in the role as a contractor to us. Candidates should send their CV, with contact details, telephone number and email address to the email account below. We will then speak to the ‘successful’ candidates, those who’s CV’s and experience closely match what we are looking for.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Company Location: Home Based