Billing Clerk – Hospital Billing Job at Arnot Health – 3.4 in Elmira, NY
** 1. Billing: Reviews claims, prints UBF-1, adjusts for loss or gain.
** 2. Payments: Checks payments against accounts, adjusts as necessary.
** 3. Correspondence: Reviews and acts accordingly.
** 4. Trial Balance: Reviews claims once a month to maintain monthly status and status of records on trial balance.
** 5. Follow-ups: Reviews claims every 30 days by using BC terminal, or phone if necessary, to ensure that claims are received, and are being processed if already paid.
** 6. Phone Calls: Answers telephone calls in polite and professional manner.
** 7. Patient Relationship: Assists patients on the phone or in person concerning their bill.
** 8. Credit Balances: Processes credits in a timely manner to open accounts or refunds monies owed.
9. Late Charges: Prints inquiries on all late charges and distributes.
10. Bulk Payments: Logs in/out and distributes, files daily, identifies and stores in archives.
11. Prepares monthly report of Blue Cross payments for reimbursement.
12. Is familiar with and demonstrates Quality in Action principles and participates in the process as appropriate.
13. It is understood that this job description lists typical duties for the classification and is not considered inclusive of all duties, which may be assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: One year but less than three years.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Light physical effort. Typical office job. Works in comfortable positions. Flow of work intermittent.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY: Category III. Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. And Category I tasks are not a condition of employment.
Company: Arnot Health – 3.4
Company Location: Elmira, NY