Bookstore Cashier II Job at Camosun College – in Victoria, BC
Bookstore Cashier II
Job Posting Open Date
Job Posting Close Date
Position Start Date
Position End Date
COVID-19 Work Arrangements
This position will work on campus
Applicant Portal Position Category
Support Staff (CUPE)
S – Pay Grade 5
$23.95 – 25.52 per hour
Number of positions to be hired under this posting
Additional Pay Considerations
Days of the Week
Monday to Friday
Total Hours Per Week
Term Full Time
Employees & General Public
Reporting to an assigned campus supervisor, providing the public face of the Bookstore and supporting the mission and goals of the Bookstore, performs a wide range of Bookstore and Campus Cashier duties.
- Performs bookstore cashier and campus cashier functions on Bookstore’s Point-of-Sale system and the college Colleague system. This includes all opening and closing functions, handling and securing large volumes of transactions and cash, balancing at end of day, checking of receipts, preparing receipts for deposit; stocking product on the floor, checking packing slips/invoices, assists in the training of term and casual cashiers and helpers, sorts and distributes Bookstore mail;
- Performs locker and bike lock-up rental functions. Using the MS Access database and Bookstore’s Point-of-Sale system, enters and updates customer and rental information accurately in the locker and bike lock up data base as set up by the locker coordinator; maintains strict confidentiality of student information for privacy and security;
- Provides exceptional customer service, by presenting a positive and helpful image (in person, through email and by phone). Assisting students in finding and purchasing correct educational materials, offering assistance with special requests, providing knowledgeable information about Camosun College in general and bookstore services specifically, providing follow through with customer enquiries and special orders by looking up and tracking in the integrated point-of-sale computerized system;
- Participates in the planning and execution of bookstore sales, promotions and events. This involves merchandising, product displays, signage, decorations, identifying and procuring appropriate prizes, updating the “Info Monitor”;
- Performs inventory checks and balances and ensures that shelves are correctly stocked and labelled correctly. Arranges for transfer of merchandise to other campus locations; monitors merchandise and advises supervisor of shortages; assists in fiscal year-end tasks in preparation of inventory;
- Maintains a clean and attractive retail and work environment;
- Performs other related duties similar in scope and complexity.
Grade 12 plus one year community college, such as business, marketing or accounting, and 12 months of retail sales experience including complex transactions with a computerized point-of-sale system or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated success in providing excellent customer service. A high accountability for accuracy, following cash control procedures, and excellent interpersonal skills are required. Basic skills in Microsoft Office suite as well as basic keyboarding, math and organizational skills required.
The core capabilities are required for all positions at the college.
Focus on Students and Their Success (Core)
- We all have a role to play in promoting and supporting students – directly or indirectly – contributing to their success, education and transition as they build their path to the future.
Cultural Alignment (Core)
- Inclusion and respect align with Camosun’s traditions of lifelong learning and positive, supportive experiences for all. We examine our individual and institutional cultures and, through indigenization, consider other ways of knowing (thinking), being (approaches), doing (acting), and relating.
Fostering and Nurturing Relationships (Core)
- Fostering and nurturing relationships is at the core of everything we do. Successful workplace relationships take time to develop and include building trust, engagement and collaboration.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Company: Camosun College –
Company Location: Victoria, BC