Brand Partner Manager Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
Are you inspired by luxury fashion and beauty and helping consumers discover these brands online in new, innovative ways? Do you see the opportunity to connect the luxury industry with Amazon’s hundreds of millions of customers and establish Amazon as the next destination of luxury? Are you seeking opportunities to learn and apply cutting-edge technology to tackle challenging business problems? If so, come join us as a Brand Partner Manager and help luxury brands launch and grow their business on Luxury Stores at Amazon.
Luxury Stores at Amazon is continually growing its meaningful selection across a global portfolio of luxury fashion and beauty brands. The Brand Partner Management team is responsible for developing go-to-market brand activation strategies to help secure brand partnerships and leading the onboarding process to set brand partners up for success on Luxury Stores at Amazon. The team works closely with brands to understand their overall needs and activation goals, plan and execute their launch campaign, manage timelines, and streamline communication across internal and external teams to support a successful launch. Post-launch, the Brand Partner Management team drives the acceleration of brand growth, retention of key relationships, and promotion of luxury brand needs within Amazon. The team works closely with the brands to continually plan compelling assortments, curate unique merchandising stories, grow their business and customer base on Amazon, and drive operational improvements through partnership with internal stakeholders.
We are looking for a Brand Partner Manager to help shape the future of this team. The role is focused on driving success for some of the most influential brands in fashion and beauty and leveraging key learnings/feedback to improve the Luxury Stores at Amazon experience for both brands and customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Brand evangelist: driving improvements and inventing on behalf of your brands across internal Amazon teams. Serving as the brand expert within the team, managing up on progress and blockers on a regular cadence.
- Amazon consultant & brand growth strategist: serving as the first point of contact for an intimate group of large, strategic brands, understanding their business goals, providing guidance, and seeking out opportunities to inform a long-term strategy to help brands achieve them. Providing end-to-end support around post-launch account management, catalog creation, store merchandising, reporting and overall business performance. Interfacing and conducting stewardship meetings with executives and key leaders within a brand.
- Customer advocate: developing a high bar for the Luxury Stores at Amazon site experience through data quality checks and overseeing brand store merchandising.
This is how you can contribute to our success:
- Develop individual brand go-to-market strategies and timelines to help our Business Development team secure strategic brand partnerships
- Act as the end-to-end business owner for assigned brands, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
- Lead brand onboarding processes, providing best-in-class brand partner service to set them up for long-term success
- Manage brand expectations, present go-to-market deliverables, and communicate progress at an executive level, working cross the brand’s teams to secure approvals and maintain timelines
- Plan and execute brand activation campaigns, project managing across cross-functional team including brand partners, creative agencies, marketing, advertising, tech, and supply chain to align all efforts and deliver a best-in-class customer experience at launch
- Monitor brand performance and share out metrics and insights, providing data-driven guidance to help brand partners grow their business on Luxury Stores
- Build strong and sustainable relationships at an executive level with our brands. Find creative solutions in negotiations and facilitate discussions in order to drive profitable growth
- Turn in-depth analysis into strategic insight, present these in convincing figures and turn them into action. Create structured mechanisms to do this at scale across the team
- Work closely with the Marketplace, Prime, Supply Chain and Advertising teams to align all efforts and deliver results
- Have thorough experience in the luxury fashion/beauty industry, with evidence of growing consumer businesses
- Have expert knowledge of seasonality and business trends/events, and proactively monitor competitor/industry developments
- Seek out ways to automate and simplify processes in order to improve productivity and scale onboarding, activations, and growth management across a growing number of brandsBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 4-6 years professional experience, preferably in high-end designer or luxury Fashion and/or Beauty
- Experience as a project, program, or marketing manager, ideally in an e-commerce retail environment with a focus in merchandising
- Exceptional executive communication and presentation skills, preferably in high-end designer or luxury Fashion and/or Beauty
- Tenured account management skills that include negotiation and relationship building
- Excellent project management skills, capable of partnering with 20+ cross-functional partners, building and tracking a complex timeline, juggling competing priorities, and ensuring a project is delivered on-time and under budget
- Ability to be resourceful under pressure, devising creative solutions and innovating to keep projects on-track and deliver results
- Strong understanding of luxury customer and relationships in industry and ability to work backwards from the customer to inform strategies
- Record of implementing process improvements and automated solutions to improve team efficiency
- Strong communication skills and an assertive approach, while maintaining your ability to be vocally self-critical
- A business focused way of thinking and a strong hands-on, results-driven mentality combined with a high desire to work strategically
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA