CALENDAR ADMINISTRATOR Job at NORQUEST COLLEGE – in Edmonton, AB
Job Description: CALENDAR ADMINISTRATOR
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Office of the Registrar team as a Calendar Administrator. Not that kind of calendar – this role looks after the Academic Calendar, our annual publication of academic regulations, schedules, programs of study, and course descriptions – all of which forms a large part of the content you see on the NorQuest College website. The successful candidate will have a keen sense of responsibility in managing this important information, be able to toggle between big picture thinking and details, and enjoy working collaboratively with other departments.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Learner Pathways, The Calendar Administrator provides strong leadership from right where they are, approaches changes with bold curiosity and courage, and is a dependable member of the college community. The Calendar Administrator effectively builds relationships and plays a key role in connecting academics, administration, and promotion of college programming.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- You will develop and maintain timelines, deadlines, and processes for the annual production and publication of the Academic Calendar and website content, interacting frequently with program areas to work through details.
- You will provide advice to program areas about how to approach and schedule program and course changes, and you will work closely with other teams in the Office of the Registrar to communicate these changes.
- You will create and maintain courses in the student information system, set up course prerequisites, and configure academic advisement reporting based on program architectures.
- You will help to set up, audit, and publish information about tuition and fees.
- You will carefully document all changes to the Academic Calendar to maintain a meticulous record of program architecture and procedural changes.
WHAT YOU BRING*
- Completion of a related post-secondary degree.
- Two or more years of experience in a related role.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and effectively manage a significant volume of work with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem-solving, and advising abilities.
- You have significant experience using a student information system (PeopleSoft Campus solutions preferred).
WHAT MAKES YOU A DIFFERENCE MAKER*
You excel at developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of colleagues.
- You care deeply about the details and about making sure the job is done right.
- You work effectively on your own, while recognizing your contributions to a larger team effort.
- You work to create an inclusive environment with the people around you.
SALARY: *$52,573 – $68,302 reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. This is a term position until September 2023 with the possibility of extension. At this time, this position is not eligible to participate in our extended health and pension benefits.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
In our ongoing commitment to keep all NorQuest employees safe, our campus and work environments have a full COVID-19 vaccination mandate in place. Ensuring that all NorQuest employees are fully vaccinated is an approach to health and safety that is best suited for the learning, working, and living environments of our college.
COMPETITION NUMBER: *2021-3206
CLOSING DATE: *October 24, 2021
APPLY TO BECOME A NORQUESTER: * If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
PSST: * Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers._* If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that’s a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there’s so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Company: NORQUEST COLLEGE –
Company Location: Edmonton, AB