Carbody Design Engineer (m/f) Job at Bombardier in Valenciennes (59)
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Carbody Design Engineer (m/f) and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Crespin, France.
As a Carbody Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be involved in large scale projects starting from the conceptual phase through manufacturing and testing. You will carry out complete and detailed vehicle carbody design by conceiving or developing parts of the vehicle, primary structure according to required standards, norms and customer’s specifications. You will work closely with structure, system and mechanical/electrical integration engineers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and integrate vehicle carbody, frame and sub-assembly components in line with train mechanical descriptions provided by the vehicle architects with respect to all interfaces;
- Create conceptual and detailed 3D models in CATIA working with design engineers for vehicle carbody frame and sub-assembly components;
- Clarify interfaces with engineers of related functions;
- Integrate supplier components (such as Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning System) into the vehicle in collaboration with systems engineering and manufacturing engineering;
- Prepare draft designs by refining design solutions and clear with responsible parties;
- Optimize carbody design for minimization of cost, weight and manufacturing time;
- Adapt the design of interconnections by modifying existing functions and elements;
- Interactions with internal and external suppliers.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience;
- Experience working with CATIA V5 is mandatory;
- Welding experience is desired;
- Experience in the area of rail industry is an asset;
- Experience with MS Office applications;
Good skills in English speaking, able to conduct technical conversations and meetings with other Bombardier Transportation employees around the world;
- Fluency in French is desirable.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: FR-NPC-Crespin
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 29.09.2020, 2:00:52 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Company Location: Valenciennes (59)