Care Assistant (entry level) Job at Holmleigh Care Homes Ltd in Chippenham
Care Assistant – Chippenham (NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED)
Have you recently found yourself unemployed and are seeking short term work? We would be willing to discuss this with you and we are looking to take people on, on a zero contract basis.
We are looking to place care assistants to work with male and female individuals with complex physical disabilities and learning difficulties in a lovely countryside village setting.
Drivers are preferred for this role as our individuals enjoy going out to achieve new daily goals and attend various activities.
We are seeking to appoint full time, part time and bank support care workers who have the flexibility within their availability as shift patterns apply on a monthly rota.
We offer you
- Earn £250 for every friend you refer (after completion of their 6-month probation)
- Enhanced pay for working bank holidays
- Paid annual leave – 20 days per year + 8 bank holidays (for FT staff)
- We provide a paid full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
- Career progression path within the company
- NEST Pension Scheme with employer contribution
Requirements of a Care Assistant
- Work is on a rota system over 7 days with. Normal shift patterns are from 7.30am-3.00pm and 2.30pm-10pm, but shifts can vary depending on service user need.
- You will need to be a flexible employee as you will be required to work weekends and bank holidays as per the rota.
- We are looking for candidates with strong self-awareness and resilience who are flexible, pro-active and committed.
- Our support care workers should have the ability to use their own initiative, but also to work as part of a team to ensure consistency of support.
- Experience of working in the field of physical and learning disabilities would be an advantage however not essential as full training is provided.
Above all, you will have the enthusiasm, desire and personal qualities to provide individual support and care within our service, your ability to help others help themselves will shine through.
Responsibilities and Duties of a Care Assistant
- Supporting the individuals to lead an active life as much as possible
- Supporting individuals during the day with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing and washing
- Bathing and the toilet where necessary
- Assisting with mobility problems and other physical disabilities
- Promote mental and physical activity through talking, encouraging and engaging in activities and hobbies
- Helping with meals, setting tables and trays, preparing light meals, serving meals, and feeding customers who require assistance.
- Assisting with cleaning, changing beds, tidying rooms, light cleaning and emptying commodes.
Thank you for your interest in working as a Care Assistant for Holmleigh Care Homes. If you feel you have the required experience for this role, please send a short cover note explaining your most relevant experience and we will be in touch.
Also please note that we will be able to accommodate interviews via Skype for candidates who are successful to interview stage
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £8.83 /hour
- Chippenham, Wiltshire (Preferred)
Company: Holmleigh Care Homes Ltd
Company Location: Chippenham