Category Manager Jobs in Tampa, FL at Ashley Furniture Industries
Title: Category Manager
Company: Ashley Furniture Industries
Location: Tampa, FL
Salary: $80K — $100K + $0K—$0K bonus *
Category: Manufacturing & Automotive
Are you a customer centric individual looking for a growth-focused company? Do you have a passion and drive to continuously improve processes, procedures and employees in order to meet operational excellence? Do you want to take that passion and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer and the number one retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States!
Since 1945, our teamwork, systems and desire to continuously improve demonstrates a company whose passion is put into every action.
What Will You Do?
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a product category regarding vendor management, promotions, site merchandising, pricing, marketing, planning etc. You will also lead, guide, and coach a team, overseeing and assigning daily responsibilities. You will maximize category sales and profitability by combining web-based merchandising, promotional strategy and category assortment planning. You will closely collaborate with a variety of teams to assist in communicating and executing ecommerce merchandising strategies while ensuring alignment between online and brick and mortar stores.
What Do You Need?
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Merchandising or related work experience
· 5 years’ experience in traditional retail buying and/or site merchandising for a major department store, specialty retailer or ecommerce operation
· Knowledge of ecommerce and/or web-based retailing
· Knowledge of an enterprise web analytics platform, such as adobe Omniture or Google Analytics
· Knowledge of merchandising, pricing and assortment planning
Who Are We?
· We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
· We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
· Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
· Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
· Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
Valid through: 8/4/2020
About Ashley Furniture Industries
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is an American home furnishings manufactuer and retailer, headquartered in Arcadia, Wisconsin. The company is owned by father and son team Ron and Todd Wanek. Ashley Furniture manufactures and distributes home furniture products throughout the world. Ashley Furniture Industries sells home furnishings and accessories available through two distribution channels: independent furniture dealers and more than 500 Ashley Furniture HomeStore retail furniture stores, which are independently owned and operated by licensees in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and Japan. It has manufacturing and distribution facilities in Wisconsin, Mississippi, California, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Florida, China, and Vietnam. Carlyle Weinberger founded Ashley Furniture in Chicago in 1945 as a sales operation. Specializing in wooden occasional furniture, Ashley marketed goods made by local companies. Later the company opened a branch in Goshen, Indiana. In 1970, Ashley invested in the Wisconsin-based Arcadia Furniture, founded by Ronald G. Wanek, who had begun his career in a furniture factory owned by Eugene Vogel. When Wanek moved to Arcadia to open his own factory he took with him Eugene Vogels son, Chuck. The two began doing production work for Ashley Furniture. Even though Arcadia started out as a small production plant for Ashleys lines in 1976, Wanek and group of investors bought out Weinberger, taking control of Ashley Furniture. At first the two companies maintained their separate identities, with Arcadia focusing on production and Ashley on sales.