Chief Brand Officer Job at Moneyfarm – in London
Who we are:
We’re a pan-European digital wealth manager with 60,000 active investors (growing fast!) and over £1.8 billion on our platform. With 130+ people across 3 offices in Italy and the UK, we’re supported and funded by Poste Italiane, Cabot Square Capital and Allianz.
We started in 2011 in Milan with a simple vision – to help more people improve their financial well-being by making personal investing straightforward and accessible through technology. Fast forward a few years, and we’re known as one of the most innovative fintechs headquartered in the heart of London.
To provide investment solutions and advice to protect and grow client wealth through time.
Our Core Values:
We’ve built our business on three Principles:
- Relationships are our first asset: We’re one team, built on trust, honesty and transparency. We value our relationships above all else.
- Trust drives success: We give each other the space to grow. We empower our employees to succeed, so they can make a real impact.
- Our customers dream big, just like us: We see the bigger picture and we make sure our customers see it, too. We’re always focused on the best outcomes for our clients and for each other, no matter what the goal, or how big the dream.
What this means in practice:
At Moneyfarm, diversity is the foundation of our competitive advantage. We value our employees for who they are – their backgrounds, experiences, talents, knowledge and individual differences. This is what makes us better at what we do. To accommodate our different needs and commitments, we offer flexible working to all. Our individual impact and output is what counts most.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to the Chief Commercial and Product Officer, this role is responsible for developing and executing the brand, B2C communication and content strategies of Moneyfarm for Italy & UK. Overall objective for the CBO is to grow brand awareness & reputation in both Italy and the United Kingdom to drive business growth. The CBO will work in close collaboration with Chief Growth Officer, the Heads of Design, Product and Investor Advisors
The CBO will be responsible for the PR and content teams and in the near future the creation of a Brand team. The role requires someone with a broad vision of the future of marketing, brand and communications within our industry and with a strong understanding of consumers, competitive landscape, the latest trends and technology.
The CBO will have a passionate commitment and enthusiasm for leadership and proven success in creating and managing brand, communications and content strategies.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong people management skills and proven track record of having built, retained and managed successful teams. As a senior leader of Moneyfarm, the CGO will be expected to provide thought leadership and be a role model within the organisation.
We seek individuals who are deeply committed to our mission, values, and principles and thrive in a start-up-like environment.
Brand strategy & implementation
- Define key brand attributes and own customer segmentation to ensure a targeted acquisition strategy
- Work with the CCPO & CEO to define Moneyfarm’s unique selling proposition, and then lead the execution and communication of that plan to both employees and customers.
- Own the brand guidelines (visual and verbal identity) and ensure consistent implementations across all teams and geographies. Work closely with the Design team to ensure our brand looks and feels is consistent across all our assets
- Work closely with Design and research teams to understand customer personas and journey mapping
Offline media channel: creative assets & media planning
- Directly lead the creative process in design moneyfarm advertising campaigns in UK and in Italy as required to align with brand activation calendar and media planning
- Own the strategy, implementation and calendar for all brand activations campaigns & coordination across the organisation for consistent implementations
- Develop and own the offline media strategy (TV, OOH, Radio) and meet business and growth KPIs
- Manage best in class media planning and buying practices for campaigns across all offline media channels
- Analyze the effectiveness of moneyfarm media campaign results and continuously optimize spend and performance against targets (with support from Data team)
- Partner closely with Growth marketing team to understand impact of offline on performance marketing & to optimise media mix / planning accordingly
B2C Communications: Public Relations and content
- Develop and implement PR strategy that support Moneyfarm growth & brand awareness ambitions in UK and IT, and define where local nuances are required (versus global approach)
- Project manage consumer communications initiatives and projects from development to release
- Own & manage the following channels: Moneyfarm blog, social media (not paid advertising but content) and influencer marketing
- Develop content for various teams – ensure content created can then be leveraged across all relevant channels & teams e.g. product marketing/email, SEO, PR, Social Media, webinars, investor advisors
- Ensure our content strategy is a key differentiator and enhance customer experience
- Own calendar and rhythm of the communication strategy (content + PR)
- Work closely with Asset Allocation team, Product and Investor advisors as key source of content
- Monitor and track programs against business goals to gauge the success of efforts
Team development / management
- Lead the Content, PR and Brand teams – develop, motivate & guide the team to attain successful outcomes and business objectives
- Promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to high quality thinking and execution
- Managing assigned budgets and aligning spending to company goals, strategic priorities, and focus areas to ensure a return on impact
- Stay up to date with industry, latest update and competitive environment to identify opportunities
- Own the relationship with appointed Brand/PR/Media Agencies.
- Minimum 10 years of brand and communications management experience, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role
- FS service in Asset or Wealth Management (D2C consumer as a plus)
- Proven experience in owning budget responsibility & brand awareness KPIs
- Deep understanding of Italian market dynamics (UK also welcome)
- Track Record of successfully scaling up a brand in a given market/product category
- Demonstrated leadership in creating, implementing, and evaluating best-in-class branding, marketing, communications, content plans
- Confidence to challenge how things are done to ensure continuous innovation and optimisation of the team’s strategy
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively partner with senior leadership & key stakeholders
- A track record for innovatively translating strategic thinking into action plans and output, with a reputation for inspiring creative thinking and fostering problem-solving
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to embrace opportunity and overcome challenges
- Ability to maintain focus on the daily execution of tasks
- Excellent project management skills, including an ability to exert influence and move projects forward in a complex environment.
- Desire to excel in a fast-paced environment where deliverables may change as the strategy evolves
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects / responsibilities
- Demonstrated track record of creative and structured approach to problem solving
- Results orientation that is balanced between both long-term objectives and short-run performance
- Ability to guide and train team members, setting strategy and monitoring progress towards goals
- Self-starter with sense of urgency; passionate and driven team player.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Company: Moneyfarm –
Company Location: London