CLERK 2-01132021-13709 Job at State of Tennessee – 3.7 in Pikeville, TN
State of Tennessee Job Information
Opening Date/Time Wed 01/13/2021 12:00AM Central Time
Closing Date/Time Tue 01/19/2021 11:59PM Central Time
Salary (Monthly) $1,701.00
Salary (Annually) $20,412.00
Job Type Full-Time
City, State Location Pikeville, TN
LOCATION OF (1) POSITION TO BE FILLED: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION, BLEDSOE COUNTY CORRECTIONAL COMPLEX, BLEDSOE COUNTY
Education and Experience: Education equivalent to graduation from a standard high school; qualifying full-time clerical experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Necessary Special Qualifications: None.
Examination Method: Noncompetitive selection for Career Service positions. Determined by appointing authority for Executive Service positions.
Summary: Under general supervision, performs general and figures clerical work of average difficulty; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: An employee in this class performs clerical functions requiring some judgement and interpretation of policies and regulations. Decisions are normally limited by established departmental policy. The variety and difficulty of the work may differ among positions, but where work is more repetitive, there may be added responsibility for occasional supervision of other employees. Work is reviewed to determine compliance with established rules, regulations, and procedures. This class differs from Clerk 1 in that an incumbent of the latter performs clerical duties of a routine nature. This class differs from Clerk 3 in that an incumbent of the latter performs advanced clerical duties and/or supervises one or more employees performing clerical work.
1. Carries out a variety of general clerical duties according to existing policies and procedures including routine posting, computations, filing, sorting and other clerical tasks as required.
2. Posts various accounting and payroll records according to established procedures where work requires limited knowledge of bookkeeping principles; balances a restricted group of accounts to verify accuracy of work.
3. Does figures clerical work including tabulations and calculations of data; prepares tables, charts, graphs, and reports.
4. Maintains non-routine files of alpha, numeric, geographic, color coded or other nature.
5. Takes and handles routine claims; may routinely collect and verify data; may process human resources records such as appointments, promotions, demotions, and other payroll transactions.
6. Screens and routes incoming mail; greets and assists visitors; screens calls and makes appointments; receives inquiries, composes replies requiring some knowledge of rules, regulations, and policies; answers questions relating to departmental activities.
7. Operates duplicating equipment and other standard office machines such as addressograph machines, calculators, carts, routine cash registers, cathode ray tube terminals, shreaders, simple numbering machines, simple sorters, slide projectors, stencil machines, tape recorders, telephones, time and date stamps, and typewriters (to a limited extent).
8. May learn to perform statistical clerical or accounting clerical work of routine difficulty.
9. May learn to assist in the operation of “large system” or remote job entry computers and related peripheral equipment; may learn to assist in planning, preparing and scheduling data for computer processing, estimating job volume, monitoring and controlling data work flow and coding formats for basic operation of a computer system, using symbolic job control language.
Company: State of Tennessee – 3.7
Company Location: Pikeville, TN