Clin Lab Technologst 4-Biochem Job at NYC Health + Hospitals – 3.8 in New York, NY
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi is a 457-bed teaching hospital affiliated with the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. The facility has earned numerous Center of Excellence designations, accreditation, and recognition for its renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, Burn Center, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, regional Stroke Center, Snakebite Treatment Center, Breast Health Center, Bariatric Surgery Center, and Cancer Service. The facility also offers the region’s only multi-person hyperbaric chamber, allowing up to nine patients to dive together at one time. Jacobi’s Ambulatory Care Pavilion is a stunning complement to its inpatient acute care, allowing staff to provide patients with high-quality service in a modern, state-of-the-art environment.
Check us out online:
Under general direction, with extensive latitude for independent judgment and decision making, supervises, directs, trains, assigns work to, establishes schedules for work completion, and reviews and evaluates work performance of personnel in a large laboratory or more than one small laboratory, performing tests and complex procedures in laboratory specialties and subspecialties; supervises and directs laboratory staff in a water pollution control laboratory in the performance of laboratory tests for fecal matter and microscopic algae; performs biochemical, plankton, zooplankton and other species of analyses. In addition to performing the typical tasks of lower Assignment Levels at a higher level, also performs the following:
1. Plans and conducts training sessions for laboratory personnel in various laboratory techniques, and trains subordinates in new procedures and job skills, as needed; counsels subordinates on methods and techniques appropriate for use in complex technical problems or unusual developments in their assignments, consulting authoritative literature, when necessary.
2. Oversees a program of quality control and reviews such program performed by subordinates; participates on an individual basis and as a laboratory supervisor in all governmental proficiency test programs.
3. Prepares or oversees the preparation of laboratory samples for use in simulated and split-sample proficiency testing of clinical and other laboratories, and follows-up by physical inspection of laboratory; submits written or electronic critique of test results.
4. May visit laboratories to ensure that laboratory policies and procedures are in compliance with City, State, and federal regulations, or to investigate public complaints; devises appropriate corrective action plans based on problematic findings.
5. Performs complex tests on specimens submitted to the laboratory, and records results on report forms, record books, and/or electronic form, as appropriate and required; answers written or oral inquiries regarding areas of specialty from hospital or laboratory personnel and other inquirers; represents the health care system in court and provides expert testimony on pertinent laboratory findings; prepares technical and other reports on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, as required.
6. Assists in the preparation of annual budget requests.
7. Interviews applicants for the laboratories, and provides appropriate liaison between laboratory staff and those ultimately responsible for administrative policies.
1. Valid license as a clinical laboratory technologist issued by the NYSED; and
2. Candidates must also meet one of the qualification requirements of a laboratory supervisor as outlined in Title 1 0, Section 58-1.4 of the New York Public HeaIth Law.
Tour 3: 4pm-12am
How To Apply
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
Company: NYC Health + Hospitals – 3.8
Company Location: New York, NY