Clinical Manager – RGN Job at Cinnamon Care in Waterlooville
Company benefits – Full-time hours
Wellington Vale is a luxury 80 bedded Nursing, Dementia and Residential care home located in Waterlooville. We are looking to add to our Management Care team and appoint a Clinical Manager.
This role is to assist the General Manager in all aspects of the day to day running of the home on a 24- hour basis and to stand in for the General Manager and Care Services Manager across the whole range of their duties in their absence. The Clinical Manager sets the standard for senior care responsibilities ensuring excellence in resident care, providing outreach and support to families, hiring and retaining dedicated care assistants as well as facilitating ongoing training opportunities for staff. Part of this role is to ensure at all times that the management of the home meets with the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety, the requirements of the CQC and the companies own Aims and Objectives.
1. Co-ordinate the resident assessment process, ensuring involvement of the resident in identifying needs and preferences, and integration of all information into the care plan.
2. If viable, extend clinical competencies and nursing practice to offer comprehensive services, for example, venipuncture, IVI therapy, ear syringing and so on.
3. Ensure that all relevant information in respect of each resident is communicated as appropriate to achieve delivery of a person-centred approach.
4. When required to work hands-on with the team to ensure the appropriate levels of care are in place at all times.
5. Ensure that occasional late and night shifts are worked to enable assessment of both staff and resident needs and awareness of processes on all shifts.
6. Actively support and implement effective Infection Control measures.
7. Alongside the Care Services Manager oversee the Safe Medication Management programme, ensuring robust auditing procedures including those surrounding pharmacy processes, and identify any training needs.
8. Alongside the Care Services Manager create a framework for regular medication evaluation in respect of each resident and liaise with General Practitioners, Consultants and so on, as necessary.
9. Ensure that the appropriate staff go through the Care Certificate programme, completing the necessary paperwork and providing evidence of completion through hands-on monitoring and support.
10. Ensure appropriate staff coverage through effective staff scheduling and completion of daily assignments.
11. Participate in and facilitate, when appropriate, the company’s training programmes and structured induction programme, ensuring all your staff are well inducted and trained to the necessary standards.
12. Manage staff absence and conduct return to work sessions with staff following all absences, with support from the home Administrator.
13. Conduct and oversee effective handovers between all shifts, ensuring that the General Manager is kept fully informed at all times with regards to applicable areas.
Essential for this role:
RGN Qualification with up to date validation and PIN number
NVQ 4 in Care and Registered Managers Award or QCF Level 4 Diploma in Management
Prioritize workload and be able to work under pressure
Communicate and manage interpersonal relationships, including influencing skills
Two years’ experience in long-term care or similar industry
Plan, implement, evaluate and clearly document care delivery
Team player, decisive, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable
Awareness of COSHH and CQC regulations
Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Company: Cinnamon Care
Company Location: Waterlooville