Collections Representative Job at Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation – in Mississauga, ON
Reports to: Team Leader, Collections
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job Type: Full time, Salaried
Reporting to the Collections Team Leader, the successful incumbent is responsible for the collection of past due Mercedes‐Benz Financial Services accounts. The successful candidate will manage an assigned list of past due accounts and work to establish an outcome that will cure delinquency. They will collect past due amounts in a professional and courteous manner with specific emphasis of fulfilling the company value of maintaining and building Customer Focus. Special attention must be applied to higher risk accounts that represent significant exposure to the company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work the queue appropriately and ensure the proper individuals are informed of issues when needed.
- Make sure accounts are followed up on within the proper time frame until resolution.
- Ensure high risk accounts are monitored and are escalated when needed.
- Gather facts and info on accounts and make sure to properly analyze the info to ensure we are providing the proper solutions to customers.
- Complete paperwork and other action items as required to process account extensions, rewrites, bailiff assignments and closures as related to repossessed accounts.
- Provide support to other team members in the department and communicate/work with other departments to resolve matters.
- Working with Team Leader and other team members to improve on existing processes, and uncover ways to more efficiently manage the department.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree with focus in General Business, Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of overall business experience is required; proficiency in collections is preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of experience working in the captive auto finance industry is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of customer service experience is preferred.
Areas of Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- General familiarity of business, collections and customer service.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and analysis skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office programs; DFS portfolio systems preferable; internet; social media experience would be an asset.
- Propensity to integrate information from a variety of sources with varied levels of complexity.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrate a capacity to adapt to change quickly.
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Time Management
- Job requires flexible hours; must be able to work evenings and/or weekends.
We offer customer and employee‐focused culture in a fast paced, competitive, yet team oriented environment.
Commitment to Equity:
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
Posting closing date: June 20, 2021
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation is an Employer committed to the principles of equity in employment. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to check out our company profile on Great Place to Work; we are listed as the 38th best place to work in Canada for 2020.
Please visit our LinkedIn page for more information on our company at Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation.
Company: Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Canada Corporation –
Company Location: Mississauga, ON