Command Post Operator Job at Airbus Group Australia Pacific in Oakey QLD
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. With a workforce of 130,000 Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners around. Airbus Australia Pacific (AAP) is the region’s largest helicopter business, employing more than 1500 people across 15 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
About the role
We are currently seeking applications for Command Post Operators to join our team based in Oakey in this permanent full time role. This is a senior operational non-flying support role within Airbus Australia Pacific and will directly support the School of Army Aviation (SAA) Operations. This is an embedded role in the customer’s organisation and you will be directly supporting aircraft flight operations conducted by AAvnTC.
Specifically you will:
- Establish and maintain effective ground-to-air voice communications in support of all SAA flying operations using in service GCS/GCF/CNR.
- Perform scheduling and building of PEX missions and sorties as necessary IAW extant publications and BPT assist in the auditing of resultant post sortie flight data.
- Perform flying programme amendments/changes in PEX (including Fly-Pro database) as directed or necessary.
- Perform daily operational administrative tasking as directed or necessary.
- Load Redfill (crypto net variables) data and GPS updates into Army aircraft as directed/required utilising appropriate Data Transfer Devices (DTD).
- Load Blackfill (mission data) into Army aircraft as directed/required utilising appropriate Data Loading Devices (DLD).
- Perform uploading, downloading and archiving of mission flight and maintenance data in accordance with extant publications.
- Conduct liaison with relevant support agencies as necessary in support of maintaining control over all flying operations.
- BPT conduct CP operator support duties as directed and as necessary during any aircraft emergency or incident.
- Maintain OPS vehicle as required.
- Assist in the conduct of Supply Customer Account (SCA) stocktakes.
- Perform the duties as a CP operator in the field environment.
- Assist in the planning of mission data using MPS.
- Flight follow and data track aircraft utilising MPS.
- Maintain OPS equipment for serviceability.
- Conduct daily Controlled Cryptographic Item (CCI) checks.
- Conduct Monthly aeronautical updates and other updates as necessary.
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement to be able to drive project outcomes, work autonomously and to tight deadlines and work comfortably in a continuous improvement work environment. The knowledge, skills and experience best suited to this role include:
- Two years’ experience supporting flight operations within the SAA or other Australian Defence Force (ADF) military FMS and operational knowledge of Army Aviation (AAvn) Orders, Instructions and Procedures (OIP)
- Knowledge of and experience in the safe and efficient conduct of flight operations within the Australian Defence Force (ADF) FMS
- Capability in complying with a full suite of operational documents as per regulations
- Demonstrated experience in effective resource management and Flight Ops planning and support
- Currently hold, or be able to attain the following ADF qualifications:
- P104170 Avn GCMS Comd Post Optr ARH 202914
- P108211 Avn GCMS Comd Post Optr MRH90 208243
What’s on offer
The Airbus Group is a global platform for excellence, with network expertise providing our people with the opportunity to be a part of rapidly advancing innovations in engineering and technology to accomplish the extraordinary; making the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. We have dedicated resources to deliver:
- Clear operational and strategic objectives
- Supportive structures, systems and processes
- Exciting and significant future commercial opportunities
- A commitment to your professional development
- Strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community.
- Values driven leadership focussed on employee and customer experience
- Competitive salary packaging
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee health plans
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday, 21 October 2020
Company: Airbus Group Australia Pacific
Company Location: Oakey QLD