Commissioning Engineer – Schneider Jobs in Chester – England at WRD Consulting Ltd
Title: Commissioning Engineer – Schneider
Company: WRD Consulting Ltd
Location: Chester – England
A leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of main purpose of the job:
The design and implementation of PLC Control Systems and related software / hardware engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications. The candidate should have proven experience in mainstream PLC Systems in particular Schneider products. This role is site based as part of our existing team in Cheshire.
* Development of PLC system design and options from customer requirements
* Provide design input to development of system wide generics
* PLC programming of control systems from given designs (in particular Schneider Unity platform)
* Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures).
* Working within project team to customer deadlines
* Being part of a Commissioning Team and undertaking site commissioning activities.
* Installation and configuration/testing work at customer site
* Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
* Minimum 3 years’ experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post.
* Working knowledge of Schneider Unity Platform
* Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
* Knowledge of PLC system design lifecycle
* Previous Commissioning experience.
* Willingness to travel and work away
* Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance
* Driving licence
* IEC61131 PLC Coding Standards.
* Supervision / Mentoring skills (advantageous but not essential)
* Network architecture design
* Experience of working in the Nuclear Industry.
* Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative
* Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
* Used to working within a Quality Management System with the associated level of detail/accuracy
* Have good communication skills
* Be flexible in both working methods and hours of work