Communications Director Job at SCL Health in Broomfield, Colorado
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Communications Director.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
You bring strategic thinking to corporate communications and youre proactive when it comes to building broad, diverse communication programs. You enjoy managing a team and working with Senior Leadership. Youre as comfortable in a boardroom as you are in hospital hallways.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
System Service: is our Corporate Headquarters in Broomfield, Colorado and is located within the Oracle campus. SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to improving the well-being of the people we serve.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning. This position is eligible for our At Risk Compensation program.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Communications Director you need to know how to:
- Direct the development and execution of a communications strategy that delivers engaging and effective communications programs to support brand loyalty, engage key stakeholders and emphasizes our culture of One SCL Health. Coordinate with other Communication Directors to ensure consistency.
- Lead a team of communications professionals responsible for creating compelling stories and communication opportunities to drive a sense of community among key audiences, including: associates at all levels of the ministry; board members; key partners; and patients/consumers.
- Support the creation of integrated and shared content and messaging that resonates across SCL Health.
- Work with all Colorado care site communications teams, system communications team and marketing partners to develop and manage social media strategies for each care site in CO.
- Support communications efforts in partnership with regional senior leaders for regional governance boards.
- Maintain and coordinate with other units to ensure a consistent brand voice and ensures that SCL Healths reputation and mission is thoughtfully marketed and carefully managed.
- Work with care site managers to develop appropriate messaging and communication channels.
- Support crisis events in a region and coordinates media response with the public relations team. May respond to site or regional media inquiries as directed by the VP of Communications.
- Some positions may serve as the public information officer and develop media relations as directed by the VP of Communications.
- Directs human resource functions such as interviewing, selection, orientation, education/training, feedback, performance evaluation, and policy and procedure development.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years managing an internal communications teams.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Four years of additional experience may substitute for the required education.
Your next move
Now that you know more about being a Communications Director on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
Company: SCL Health
Company Location: Broomfield, Colorado