Community Director Job at Prairie Hills at Independence in Independence, IA
Premier Senior Living Community offering independent living, assisted living and memory care has an immediate opportunity for a Community Manager.
The Manager will have the overall responsibility for operating the Community in a quality manner and to deliver Red Carpet Treatment to Residents, Visitors and Team Members. This includes interior and exterior maintenance, housekeeping, delivery of culinary services, supervision of the implementation of the Independent Living and Memory Care programs, and other administrative duties as specified by Senior Housing Management.
The Manager is on call 24/7 and maintains normal business hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
The Manager’s role is to ensure resources are in place to deliver quality essential services, maintain budgets, maintain occupancy goals, follow policies and procedures necessary to carry out organizational tasks, ensure staff are productive, effective, and keep on task, and achieve the goals of the owners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain adequate staffing by recruiting, hiring, terminating, and supervising all on-site staff, according to their individual job descriptions.
- Review staff job descriptions, compensation and personnel, and prepare an annual personnel report to include raise benefit recommendations.
- Train and assist coordinators in training each new employee, thoroughly, in his/her duties and in the Policies and Procedures, as they relate to particular positions.
- Assure quality workmanship and performance is achieved by on-site staff and outside vendors, suppliers and contractors.
- Take responsibility for on-going in-service training for all staff.
- Review all building services and the entire building every other week. Drive completion of work orders as needed for immediate and future action.
- Conduct daily walk through of community to ensure cleanliness and is tour ready.
- Conduct daily standup meeting with coordinators to facilitate consistent communication and expectations.
- Develop Schedule and participate in Manager on Duty Rotation with coordinators
- Weekly Marketing Plan meeting with Community Relations Coordinators and/or Coordinators to reach occupancy goals
- Participate in internal and external marketing events to meet occupancy goals.
- Respond courteously and promptly to residents’ requests for information and maintenance, within the scope of Community’s responsibilities and Policies and Procedures.
- Arrange for a responsible replacement to cover the position during periods of absence or vacation.
- Prepare and maintain inventories, yearly.
- Process housekeeping, maintenance, reservation of common spaces and guest meal requests made by residents and the Assistant Manager/Community Relations Coordinator, and to assure delivery of required services.
- Prepare and review incident reports.
- Stay in contact with residents’ families, per needs and requests.
- Use proper body mechanics.
- Train and monitor use of personal protective equipment.
- Provide bi-weekly in-services.
- Approve all new chemicals, get MSDS sheets, and provide appropriate training.
- Operate all electronic systems and software in the community, including, but not limited to, electronic medical records, fire and emergency response security systems, order processing system, human resources system and accounting software.
- Create monthly resident invoices in accounting system, print and mail by the 15th of each month.
- Update resident invoices with changes to services plans, or additional charges in accounting system
- Meet weekly with Health Care Coordinator to record changes to resident services in accounting system.
- Submit private insurance and elderly waiver billing by the 1st of each month.
- Collect all rents and assessments and maintain on-site records
- Review monthly budget reports and prepare a monthly report identifying unexpected expenditures, revenue shortfalls, etc., and recommendations for correcting the imbalance.
- Prepare an annual budget with the assistance of the Senior Housing Management.
- Submit all purchase orders and approve all invoices for expenses incurred on-site and forward them to the Accountant weekly.
- Review, balance, and submit to the accounting office all petty cash ledgers, with cash receipts, from coordinators for replenishment.
Assisted Living Program:
- Cooperate with the Health Care Coordinator and any outside home health agency that is responsible for the personal care of the residents. Make sure the health and social services available to the residents are top quality and the residents’ needs are adequately being met.
- Work with the Health Care Coordinator and/or any outside home health agency to develop and review Service Plan Agreements, and set up medical assessments for new potential residents.
- Monitor all health and social services provided and prepare a monthly report for the staff meeting. The report will include areas for immediate and future action.
Operational and Emergency Monitoring:
- Assure 24-hour, 7-day per week on-site coverage to carry on daily operational services and needs, to respond to calls for urgent assistance from residents of the community and to respond to fire alarms, or other emergencies.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or Communication; on to three years related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years’ managerial experience, preferably in the health care community.
- Obtain and maintain Chauffeur License within 30 days of hire.
- Transportation Safety Training.
- Sales Experience
- Strong proven leadership record
- Portray professional and welcoming demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Good work ethic
- Good listening and problem-solving skills
- Public relations skills
- Positive image
- Genuine interest in the aging process and commitment to the elderly and their well-being
- Strong commitment to providing quality services to our clients
- Decision making and goal setting abilities
- Open to change
- Committed to working toward development of your management and leaderships skills
- Practice and portray leadership
- Ability to empower staff to feel part of a solid team
- Have an abundance of compassion and patience
- Willing and anxious to learn about the company and about its involvements
- Able to take direction and respond effectively to good supervisionWe offer a competitive salary, full benefits and many more perks!
If you have a passion for helping people and want to grow professionally, please send your resume to for immediate consideration.
Company: Prairie Hills at Independence
Company Location: Independence, IA