Complex Support Worker Job at Happy Futures Support Specialists Ltd in Scarborough
HAPPY FUTURES COMPLEX CARE SUPPORT WORKERS ARE SOME OF THE BEST PAID WITHIN SCARBOROUGH & RYEDALE
DUE TO OUR ONGOING EXPANSION OF OUR EXISTING SERVICES WE ARE RECRUITING.
Job title: Complex Support Worker
Salary: £26,000 (Based on 40 hours and 2 sleepover shifts per week)
£23,218 (Based on 40 hours and 1 sleepover shift per week)
£19,968 (Based on 40 hours per week)
£18,226 (Based on 30 hours and 1 sleepover shift per week)
£14,976 (Based on 30 hours per week)
*sleeps are not guaranteed
Please note that if you are successful in the recruitment process and have a transferable DBS, you could be working within days, so be sure to apply today!
· Fun and Happy working environment
· Discretionary bonuses
· £10 each month towards your phone bill
· Six-month probationary period with regular performance reviews and on the job training
· Happy Futures are participating in the work-based pension scheme.
· Happy Futures expect you to pay for your DBS check, after a probationary period your DBS payment will be reimbursed, mandatory and specialist training courses (*terms and conditions are detailed in the staff contract of employment)
· We support all staff to complete the care certificate if required and the diploma course related to working in a care environment.
· Various additional training (MAPA, moving and handling, autism, safeguarding the list goes on!)
· Mileage per mile is paid to staff if they support individuals to appointments as part of their individual service contract with Happy Futures, this will be paid in your monthly pay.
Do you have 2 or more years’ experience working in the care sector with people with learning disabilities and mental health?
Do you have life skills and hobbies that you could share with the people we support?
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our dynamic and forward-thinking team.
About Happy Futures:
We are a specialist provider in North Yorkshire leading the way in designing and developing innovation in the care sector. Happy Futures are regulated by CQC and we focus upon delivering the 5 CQC core outcomes (Well led, safe, effective, responsive, caring).
We are specialists in supporting individuals with learning disabilities, mental health and complex needs.
Happy Futures aims to be the best provider in North Yorkshire and from our rating “Outstanding by CQC” 2018 we are on our way there.
Happy Futures has won several awards in the regional Great British Care Awards over the past three years and have been runners up in the finals of the Great British Care Awards and the LD & Autism awards in several categories.
Happy Futures Support Specialists Ltd are recruiting for complex support workers. Our focus is to ensure the individuals we support have Happy Futures.
Complex Support Worker Responsible to: Registered Manager
About the role:
We are looking for support staff to encourage individuals to cook, clean, plan and coordinate their lives.
We need staff to promote life skills and independence particularly with all aspects of personal care, medication, appointments, activities, education and employment.
Do you enjoy spending time with vulnerable adults and children, helping them with skills such as: cookery, arts and crafts, baking, watching films, walking, BBQ’s, cinema, library, shops, farms, zoos, gardening, bowling, site seeing? If you have answered YES then this role could be for you.
Staff applying for the Complex Support Worker role need to be adept at working with individuals with Autism and complex needs understanding the triad of impairments (difficulties with social interaction, social imagination and social communication) and ways in which these areas may impact upon the daily lives of people with Autism. We are currently working towards Autism accreditation with the National Autistic Society.
· Working in a person-centred way
· Personal care – assisting with washing, personal hygiene, dressing and grooming
· Helping with daily life – shopping, preparing drinks and meals
· Supporting social activities – local support groups, visiting friends and neighbours
· Helping individuals achieve their goals
· Safeguarding and working in the best interest of the individuals at all times
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00 /year
- Support Environment: 2 years (Required)
- Scarborough, North Yorkshire (Preferred)
- driving (Preferred)
- NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care (Required)
Company: Happy Futures Support Specialists Ltd
Company Location: Scarborough