Compliance Manager Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ at GoDaddy
Title: Compliance Manager
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Salary: $100K – $150K*
Category: Consumer Technology
Process and manage legal inquiries directed to Go Daddy Operating Company, LLC group of companies. Manage the Subpoena Compliance function of Go Daddy Operating Company, LLC group of companies. Assist members of the Legal Department including the Litigation and Compliance teams. Perform a variety of complex legal related tasks with minimum supervision.
In this role, you will:
• Maintain and manage an effective compliance program covering domestic and international data inquiries
• Manage day-to-day operations of GoDaddy’s Subpoena Compliance Department to include coordination of daily workflow.
• Ensure compliance with all subpoenas and discovery requests from regulatory and law enforcement agencies worldwide.
• Process and respond to subpoenas and discovery requests to include in-depth legal analysis of inquiries, research, document collection and management, production coordination and delivery, and document education.
• Establish and maintain confidential files and case management systems to include improvements of processes and records maintenance procedures.
• Develop and report compliance metrics to the Director of Global Subpoena Compliance and Chief Legal Officer.
• Assist with implementing and maintaining compliance related policies and processes.
• Access and maintain a high level of understanding of all products, services, and department functions of Go Daddy.
• Draft correspondence directed to members of law enforcement, legal counsel, and customers related to customer and legal inquiries.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality and security of privileged information and contacts.
• Work on special projects and other legal initiatives as needed.
Do you have what it takes?
• BA/BS or paralegal certificate or combination of associate degree and relevant experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ heavy litigation experience required; prior experience working with law enforcement or in a criminal litigation environment is desirable.
• Minimum 1-year GoDaddy/internet industry experience is strongly preferred.
• Extensive familiarity with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and state/local laws, rules, and regulations relating to discovery issues.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with an ability to meet tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; attention to detail a must.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of GoDaddy management and staff, as well as, government and regulatory officials.
• Ability to handle sensitive situations tactfully yet firmly, to be assertive without being adversarial, and to take unpopular positions when necessary while maintaining trust and credibility.
• Ability to identify both business and legal issues and articulate same to internal and outside counsel.
• Familiar with document retention policies and procedures as well as collection, review, and production of documents.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Functions well as a collaborative team member and able to work effectively with other internal organizations.
• Diligent in completing projects in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision.
• Possess a high level of professionalism, integrity, reliability, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat Pro required.
Process and manage legal in…
GoDaddy is a publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company. As of January 2016, GoDaddy was said to have had more than 61 million domain names under management, making it the worlds largest ICANN-accredited registrar. As of December 2014, GoDaddy served approximately 13 million customers and had 4,908 employees worldwide. The company is known for its celebrity spokespeople, Super Bowl ads and as being an online provider for small businesses. In addition to a postseason college football bowl game, it previously sponsored NASCAR. It has been involved in several controversies related to security and privacy. In addition to domain registration and hosting, GoDaddy also sells e-business related software and services. GoDaddy was founded in 1997 by Baltimore, Maryland entrepreneur Bob Parsons. Prior to GoDaddy, Parsons sold his financial software services company, "Parsons Technology, Inc." to Intuit for $64m in 1994. Parsons came out of his retirement in 1997 to launch Jomax Technologies, which later became GoDaddy Group Inc. GoDaddy received a strategic investment from top venture capital funds, KKR, Silver Lake and Technology Crossover Ventures.