Concierge Warrawong Job at Department of Customer Service in Sydney NSW
Location – Warrawong Service Centre
SNSW Grade 5/6
About Service NSW
Service NSW is making it easier for people and businesses across NSW to access government services.
Since launching in July 2013, we have successfully transformed and streamlined NSW Government service delivery with cutting edge digital solutions and an award-winning culture of passion and teamwork.
Our customer-centric solution offers simpler and faster access to government transactions through our digital channels, a 24/7 phone service and an expanding network of Service Centres.
We currently partner with more than 50 agencies to offer in excess of 1,000 NSW Government transactions including driver licences, vehicle registration renewals, applications for birth certificates, Senior Cards, Housing NSW payments, fines, contractor licences and many more.
SNSW Grade 5/6 – The package includes the base salary range of ($77,643 to $88,731), plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
You could be right person to be our Concierge, if you are passionate about delivering positive face to face customer service experiences and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for timely, efficient, first point of contact in the service centre for transactions and information. You will also be comfortable working to KPI’s achieving individual and team goals.
- Identify customer requests and advise customers on paperwork required for each specific transaction, complete simple transactions for the customers and/or direct the customers to the appropriate channel to complete their transactions.
- Provide customers with the appropriate brochures, forms or information when needed.
- Assist customers with setting up appointments or call back times to suit their needs.
- Promote, encourage and support customer usage of self service facilities such as online service or kiosk machine in the service centre as an alternative method to complete their transactions.
- Identify customers with special needs and facilitate the provision of appropriate support and assistance to successfully conduct their transactions.
- Act as a service specialist to assist Customer Service Representatives to resolve and record customer complaints, resolve the cases referred by Customer Service Representatives and escalate any unresolved issues.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of the services provided by Service NSW including operating practices and procedures.
- Comply with privacy requirements ensuring confidentiality, privacy and integrity of information is not compromised. Administration:
- Observe the counter operations and take the initiative to get involved in special, complex and time consuming customer requests to ensure smooth counter service.
- Manage the queuing system and prioritise cases to shorten customers’ waiting time for counter service.
- Assist or conduct training to support achievement of service delivery standards.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas, including the identification of opportunities to improve the efficiency of work processes, and implement changes in the workplace.
Hours of Work:
Normal Service Centre operating hours are: Monday – Friday 7am – 7pm and Saturday 8:30am to 3:30pm. This full-time role requires you to work 35 hours per week, with flexibility required to work on a rotating roster across the operating hours of the centre over 5 working days.
Please note that employment at Service NSW is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
Applications Close: 29th January @9.59am
When applying you need to:
Provide a covering letter and resume (Resume not exceeding 5 pages) that details your experience and how you meet the capabilities of the role.
Want to know more?
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Susanna Abbatantuono via email on Susanna.Abbatantuono @service.nsw.gov.au
For more information about the Service NSW recruitment process, please contact Bryan Kreltszheim at Bryan.Kreltszheim@customerservice.nsw.gov.au
Part of the assessment process includes additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013. A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 12 months. Employment to Service NSW is subject to a satisfactory national criminal record check.
Service NSW is passionate about building a culture that values and supports diversity and inclusion. Service NSW encourages applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTQI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. If you are a person with disability and need adjustment in the recruitment process, please contact the Recruitment team via email on CSrecruitment@customerservice.nsw.gov.au.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Company: Department of Customer Service
Company Location: Sydney NSW