CONSULTANT FEASIBILITY INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES (relocation Belgium) Job at Vito in France
Are you interested in new, sustainable processes and are you particularly curious about the economic feasibility and environmental impact of these processes? Then performing a techno-economic analysis is for you. With new technologies, there are many uncertainties about which options are most promising. Is the investment cost decisive or should we focus on energy reduction or increase the productivity? Which research targets need to be met? Our team tries to formulate answers, in close collaboration with technology-developers, to these questions and looks for the most promising value chains with the use of our techno-economic analysis. We also extend these analysis with life cycle analysis (LCA) to have a good view on the environmental impact.
In a techno-economic analysis we examine the processes simultaneously from a technical and economic point of view – and by extension from an environmental point of view. We do this analysis based on desktop research and through intensive communication with project developers and external experts.
With this position we want to strengthen our team with a colleague who is fascinated by technological innovations, economic feasibility and environmental impact and who rather develops a helicopter view of the value chain instead of specializing him/herself in specific processes.
We offer with this vacancy a challenging job where a diversity of processes and value chains are evaluated from a broad, multidisciplinary perspective with our internally developed techno-economic analysis method.
Specific job content:
- You combine desktop research with intensive communication with internal and external experts and you evaluate, communicate and report results to our clients (Flemish and European) and the academic world (i.e. via scientific publications and conferences).
- You take into account the valorization potential of the technologies to provide relevant information, solutions, advice, processes or products for SMEs, governments and industry;
- You carry out (inter)national projects with focus on the further extension of our internally developed techno-economic analysis method;
- You work closely together in a team;
- In the long term you will autonomously look for new research projects and processes for the further development of our techno-economic analysis method. You contribute to proposals and you look for opportunities to finance proposals.
- Master Bio-engineer, Commercial engineer or Civil engineer or an equivalent through experience
- You have a clear affinity with (techno)-economic analysis and/or sustainability analysis
- You enjoy working in a team, but you can also complete tasks independently
- Affinity with process technologies (chemistry, materials and energy) is a plus
- Dutch (preferences), English (required)
- You have a thorough knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of LCA software is a plus
- Having work experience is a plus
- You are rather a generalist instead of a detaillist.
- A competitive salary
- A range of benefits including allowances, insurances, adjustable holiday package
- Flexible working hours and workplace
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise
- The chance to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level
R&D & Engineering
Job Type: Full-time
Company Location: France