Contact Tracer Job at Rock County, WI – 2.8 in Janesville, WI
Must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week. Although the work will initially be able to be done by working remote from home, it may transition to working at the Janesville and/or Beloit offices. Also must be able to attend orientation in person in Janesville.
Contact Tracers will support the Rock County Public Health Department to perform COVID-19 contact tracing. Contact Tracers will call individuals diagnosed with COVID-19 and gather their contacts and instruct them to isolate. Contact Tracers will use computer programs and phones to call the contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to document a symptom check, refer them for testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for quarantine. Contact Tracers are required to follow scripts, policies, and procedures provided by Rock County Public Health, and comply with training regarding confidential protected personal information.
95% Perform contact tracing for COVID-19.
- Conduct telephone calls with persons diagnosed with COVID-19 to complete case interviews, elicit and trace contacts exposed to COVID-19.
- Provide follow-up instructions to cases and to contacts related to isolation/quarantine, symptom monitoring and assess the need for medical care and supportive services.
- Collect and record information for the case interview/contact gathering into data system.
- Follow approved scripts and protocols, provide people with approved information about isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them for testing.
5% Other duties as assigned.
Success Factors (KSA’s)
- Experience providing customer service (obtaining/providing information, coordinating services, etc.)
- Experience communicating in challenging situations with strong communications skills.
- Ability to respond with empathy to individuals.
- Ability to keep confidential information confidential.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Skills in multitasking and organizing information.
- Experience performing accurate and efficient data entry.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional, positive attitude and work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to use technology; keyboarding, use of email, Zoom, Skype, electronic data entry.
Job Requirements, Education, Training & Experience
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field from an accredited college preferred.
- Health related professional experience or pubic health training (e.g. CMA, LPN, ADN, RN, etc.)
- Six months of experience in a health promotion or disease intervention program, performing one or more of the following: interviewing, conducting field investigations, assessing health risks, making referrals, or collecting and analyzing data, preferred.
Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish is desired.
Essential Job Functions (physical elements, equipment and working conditions)
- Telephone- frequent
- Computer- frequent
- Internet access – frequent
- Email access – frequent
- Ability to work from home in a quiet, distraction free environment without conflicting responsibilities during work shift. The position could move to on-site at the Public Health Department.
- Confidential home environment where no one would be able to overhear conversations along with a locked file or room for storing paper documents with confidential information, names or notes.
Company: Rock County, WI – 2.8
Company Location: Janesville, WI