Contracts Manager Job at G D Harries & Sons Ltd in Pembrokeshire
Gerald D Harries & Sons Ltd are seeking to employ an experienced Contracts Manager to join our existing team to work on a variety of Civil Engineering Schemes in the West Wales area. Based in Narberth, Pembrokeshire we would offer a competitive salary and benefits package alongside continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
The post will involve the management of construction projects including tarmacadam surfacing, concrete structures, earthworks, highways, infrastructure and sea defence varying in cost between £5K – £2Million.
Contracts Manager Key Skills will include
· Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour.
· Supervise site engineers and technicians.
· Monitor the work to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
· Maintain good working relations with Client/designer/RE, together with the supply chain.
· Have an awareness of BIM and 3D information.
· Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of the information provided.
· Confirm in writing any verbal instructions received from the Client, Designer, Supervisory Staff, and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on all works are recorded.
· Prepare programmes in conjunction with site managers / agents, and ensure that necessary resources are available.
· Monitor programme and review at weekly Office review meetings
· Work with QS to produce weekly cost reports and agree quantities with Client for Valuation and final account purposes.
· Prepare written Risk and Coshh assessments, together with Method Statements and communicate effectively to the workforce.
· Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, and subcontractor activity.
· Carry out material take off and requisitions and communicate with buyer re. deliveries.
· Ensure delivery tickets are job coded and passed to accounts for processing.
· Ensure testing/sampling of materials is carried out according to specification.
CONTRACTS MANAGER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
· Qualified to Graduate Civil Engineer level (working towards chartership).
· Successful experience at Site Engineer Level.
· Government Legislation on all matters relating to Safety and Environment.
· Thorough Knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
· Contract requirements and working knowledge of NEC Form of Contract 3rd and 4th Editions.
· A basic awareness of tendering and the pre- qualification process.
Gerald D Harries and Sons Ltd was established 40 years ago primarily as a construction transport and quarrying business. It has developed significantly over recent years and now employs in excess of 240 staff operating 5 quarries, 5 concrete plants, 3 tarmacadam plants, 80+ lorries, a comprehensive workshop and MOT centre. Surfacing contracting and Civil Engineering contracting have been developed associated with the construction materials supply, providing a total package for Clients within the West Wales area. Sigma Roc currently hold 40% of the company shares with an option to purchase the remaining shares during 2020. They are determined to continue and develop the company to become a major contractor along the M4 corridor creating new employment opportunities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- contract management: 10 years (Preferred)
Company: G D Harries & Sons Ltd
Company Location: Pembrokeshire