Controller, Fuel Systems / PTS BUs Jobs in Salisbury, NC at Agility Fuel Systems
Title: Controller, Fuel Systems / PTS BUs
Company: Agility Fuel Systems
Location: Salisbury, NC
Salary: $80K – $100K*
Agility Fuel Solutions is the leading global provider of highly-engineered and cost-effective compressed natural gas, liquid natural gas, propane, and hydrogen fuel systems and Type 4 composite cylinders for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. Our portfolio of products also includes the production of high-performance, modular battery packs for commercial vehicles. Our solutions enable the safe and effective use of natural gas, propane, and hydrogen as a transportation fuel. These clean fuels reduce greenhouse gas and other air emissions and save money for fleet operators and their customers. To learn more about Agility Fuel Solutions,
We are currently seeking a Plant Controller. This position will be based out of our Salisbury, NC location.
The Plant Controller will assist the Business Unit Controller of the Fuel Systems/Powertrain Division.
The job function and typical work activities include:
· Manage month-end closing for plant and prepare weekly/monthly financial statements and other operation reports for plant
· Support plant management team in analysis and commentary of drivers behind variances against budget and forecasts.
· Review production variances (materials & labor) with management and help drive to root cause.
· Review weekly/monthly KPI data with plant team to understand trends and help analyze root causes.
· Support the cost accounting functions for manufacturing as it pertains to inventory, costing, and ERP maintenance
· Ensure proper application of sales/use tax to customer and supplier invoices; ensure the timely filing and payment of sales and use taxes to various jurisdictions; serve as point person on any sales tax matters/audits
· File property tax returns and ensure timely payment
· Supervise shared services team in AP/AR functions
· Perform all other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· 5-10 years of related experience working in a manufacturing environment as a Controller
· Strong preference for an individual with prior experience in sales and use tax across multiple states/jurisdictions
· Strong business acumen and communication skills required
· Power user of Microsoft Excel.
Professional Skills Qualifications
· Must be able to work across organization boundaries an all levels of the company to achieve the plant and corporate objectives
· Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve outstanding issues
· Strong knowledge of US GAAP
· Cost accounting experience.
· Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
· Experience with ERP systems and accounting software.
· Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple jobs and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment with fluctuating priorities and tight deadlines
· Highly self-motivated with ability to bring a high-level of energy to work
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action
This job operates in a professional office environment within a plant. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential …